MFM Fellowship 2022-2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

reslife2020

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I figured I start a new thread for those of us applying this year to start fellowship in 2023. Do you think interviews will be virtual this year? When do you plan on submitting your applications? I heard that programs don't look at the application until May.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I want to know about how the interviews will be too

They don’t mention anything in the smfm website

Apps are in, now the waiting game for the first round of interview invites. Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
First round of interview invites start tomorrow 😬, good luck everyone

Good morning.
Anyone know what time the dashboard opens and updates with invitations today?

heard from stony brook, montefiore, rochester, case western, mayo, mt sinai west, loyola, UCONN, and UPMC

Last edited:
I did not apply super broadly and find myself with fewer interviews - is it worth applying to programs at this late stage to get in on a second round of interviews?

Anyone heard anything from the U of Texas programs (besides southwestern) or U of Colorado?

I did not apply super broadly and find myself with fewer interviews - is it worth applying to programs at this late stage to get in on a second round of interviews?
I don’t think so. The application deadline was 5/2 so it’s unlikely to be looked at. Programs are already overwhelmed with the number of apps. Seems like people are applying to more places since it’s virtual now. Best of luck though! You only need one!

Reactions: 1 user
I don’t think so. The application deadline was 5/2 so it’s unlikely to be looked at. Programs are already overwhelmed with the number of apps. Seems like people are applying to more places since it’s virtual now. Best of luck though! You only need one!
Thanks that’s what I figured
The good and bad of virtual interviews

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard from UNC, Duke, Brigham, Ohio State, Brown, or Hopkins?

I've heard from Columbia, Cornell, EVMS, Sinai, OHSU, Tufts, UAB, UCSD, Colorado, UConn, Michigan, UPenn, Pitt, Rochester, Utah, UVA, UW, Wisconsin MC, Vanderbilt, UVM, UTennessee, and U Chicago

I've heard from Columbia, Cornell, EVMS, Sinai, OHSU, Tufts, UAB, UCSD, Colorado, UConn, Michigan, UPenn, Pitt, Rochester, Utah, UVA, UW, Wisconsin MC, Vanderbilt, UVM, UTennessee, and U Chicago
I heard from Hopkins this morning. Haven't heard back from Brigham or Brown.

Has anyone heard from Cedars Sinai or Stanford?

Heard from UNC and Duke

Oop just got a rejection from UNC. Do you mind sharing if you got an invite/rejection from Hopkins or Duke? Its hard to tell if no email means impending rejection or maybe in the second wave of invites.

Oop just got a rejection from UNC. Do you mind sharing if you got an invite/rejection from Hopkins or Duke? Its hard to tell if no email means impending rejection or maybe in the second wave of invites.
I got an invite from Hopkins, didn't apply to Duke.

I’ve been assuming rejections and making them red on my excel spreadsheet 😂

Do we think that all programs followed the 5/16 date and have sent out their first round of invites at this point?

Do we think that all programs followed the 5/16 date and have sent out their first round of invites at this point?
I think they're still trickling in. I got an invite from SLU today

Anyone heard from Emory, MUSC, MedStar, Mountain Area, Arkansas, U of Florida, U of Maryland, or Northwell?

Anyone heard from Emory, MUSC, MedStar, Mountain Area, Arkansas, U of Florida, U of Maryland, or Northwell?
I got an invite from Mountain area, U of Florida, and Northwell. Silence from Emory, U of Maryland, MedStar

I heard from Mountain Area Monday. I know Northwell Southshore sent out invites already, not sure about the Northwell LIJ

Where did people hear from this last week? Any programs still sending interviews, or have they all been sent?

Heard from SUNY today- invite.
Anyone else have any new invites to share?

Good luck everyone! It was a pleasure meeting everyone during the virtual interview trail-- I'm wishing everyone the best!

So nervous and anxious but super excited!