MFM Fellowship 2021-2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OBGYN_13

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone, We start filing ERAS applications for 2022 fellowship session, I just wanted to start this thread so that we can discuss our issues here. And share your experience.
Welcome, everyone.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey! I'm still getting my application together but intend on applying this season. Looking forward to all the discussions in this thread.

Will interviews likely be virtual this year?

Members don't see this ad :)
SMFM has not recommended guidelines for the 2021 interview season yet. Program will decide after SMFM recommendation. We might anticipate hybrid this year virtual and physical interview

Reactions: 1 user
SMFM has not recommended guidelines for the 2021 interview season yet. Program will decide after SMFM recommendation. We might anticipate hybrid this year virtual and physical interview

When are people submitting their apps? I've heard both "submit early" vs "submit March/April"...

Program start reviewing from May and start giving interview by mid May . Thats trend .They normally give out IV in 2 to 3 batches . Most program has three dates for IV. So It would not be late if apply by May first week

How are you guys submitting CREOG scores to programs? Are you waiting until you’re asked for them?

2/3 rd program do not care CREOG score. the one who needed defiantly ask during IV process one way or another .. Before making their rank list. Thats how they evaluate

Reactions: 1 user
Jumping on! Have you guys gotten any guidance on when to sumbit? Are you guys doing closer to the due date of May 3?

thats right, nobody look application before that , anyway not many applicant. Last year 5 position remain unfilled in match [ even 2 position in UT Houston].. 152 Applicant ; 132 Position ; Almost one to one. no competition.

thats right, nobody look application before that , anyway not many applicant. Last year 5 position remain unfilled in match [ even 2 position in UT Houston].. 152 Applicant ; 132 Position ; Almost one to one. no competition.
Where was this data published?

1614606056623.png

Members don't see this ad :)
Interesting data. Looks like chances are good!

Good morning guys. What do you think the average number of programs to apply to is?

question about program-specific requirements for fellowship apps:

i know all programs get the ERAS app, LORs (3-4), and personal statement.

but did all programs want USMLE transcript, med school transcript, photo, CREOG scores etc? or did certain programs only want, for example, ERAS and LOR?

I'm finding certain programs that only say "ERAS app and LOR and CREOG scores." does this mean they do NOT want the USMLE and med school transcript attached to the app?

so... let's talk about June 4.... what is June 4 going to be like. if you don't get an invite on June 4, are you screwed?

June 4, note sure where you got this date. You can get an interview invite till Aug

Tomorrow is the first round of invites.

How are interviews coming along for you guys? So far 2 interview offers on my end and lots of rejections.

anxiety time , anyone heard from Detroit Wayne state , University Michigan

Battle just started so hang in there. Disappointed by seeing these nice rejection letter

I received a rejection from the University of Michigan.

Has anyone heard from any of the Florida programs?

Is it more common for programs to send rejection letters or just don’t say anything?

Is it more common for programs to send rejection letters or just don’t say anything?
I’m not sure but I have received several rejection letters already so some are sending them out. When I get a chance i’ll post where I’ve heard back from.

Ok, so today I heard back from the following:

Case Western
University of Iowa
Eastern Virginia
UConn
Medical College of Wisconsin
Tufts
UT Knoxville
Vanderbilt
University of Mississippi
University of New Mexico
University of Washington
UCSF
Duke
University of Michigan
Uab

Where did everyone hear back from?

Ok, so today I heard back from the following:

Case Western
University of Iowa
Eastern Virginia
UConn
Medical College of Wisconsin
Tufts
UT Knoxville
Vanderbilt
University of Mississippi
University of New Mexico
University of Washington
UCSF
Duke
University of Michigan
Uab

Where did everyone hear back from?
Today I heard back from:
Beaumont in Royal Oak
Ochsner
Eastern Virginia
UT Knoxville
UAB
UConn
UNM
University of Arizona/Banner Health
OHSU
Geisinger
OU
UMKC
University of Rochester

anyone heard from Chicago, Illinois ;; NY ; JY ; PA ,,, Florida, Texas, Georgia ..... only heard from Geisinger and Maimonides among all
Every saying May 17 first round . Not sure they sent already or not

anyone heard from Chicago, Illinois ;; NY ; JY ; PA ,,, Florida, Texas, Georgia ..... only heard from Geisinger and Maimonides among all
Every saying May 17 first round . Not sure they sent already or not
I haven't heard from FL, TX, GA, PA, or Chicago. I heard from Rochester in NY and Geisinger yesterday.

I haven't heard from FL, TX, GA, PA, or Chicago. I heard from Rochester in NY and Geisinger yesterday.
Thats right Rochester and Geisinger heard only . Looks like lot of programs not following May 17 SMFM projected IV date.

Thats right Rochester and Geisinger heard only . Looks like lot of programs not following May 17 SMFM projected IV date.
Nothing form TX, Chicago or FL. I was going to ask how strictly are programs following these dates? I went back to look at their websites and most of the one I applied to don’t mention anything about May 17

I got an invite from University of Massachusetts and a rejection from UT San Antonio.

Was Geisinger an interview? I’m trying to figure out if they are also notifying of rejections.