Mercer University 2011 App Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How is the first year Tinkerbell? From what I got at the interview yesterday, everyone said the P2 year is the hardest because of CARDIO. :laugh:

the first year is not that hard IMO. if you took a lot of biology and science classes during undergrad you should be fine. Cardio is generally considered hard, but a lot of people think that CNS and ID are hard too... a few people have told me that their second year has felt easier because it was stressful at first getting used to the way pharmacy school is. I guess it just depends on the person. My biggest challenge is not really the school work but balancing and coordinating the other requirements such as community service, essays, and intern/extern hours that we complete in order to progress to the next year.

Members don't see this ad.

Did anyone else receive an "interview follow up" email after the interview on the same day, whether you were rejected, on hold, or accepted.

I'd like to know if this is just sent out to everyone.

Did anyone else receive an "interview follow up" email after the interview on the same day, whether you were rejected, on hold, or accepted.

I'd like to know if this is just sent out to everyone.

Huh? I received it but mines didnt say anything about being accepted, rejected or on hold...

Members don't see this ad :)
Yaaaaay!! :D I just got my interview invite today!! :soexcited:

lol now nerves about the interview are starting to set in :barf: I'm still super excited though!!!! :p

Does anyone else have an interview on 2/11???

Good luck to everyone who interviewed on January 21! I hope we all get accepted!! :) Does anyone know what day they are meeting??

Huh? I received it but mines didnt say anything about being accepted, rejected or on hold...

I was also at that interview and I got a followup interview email; however, it said nothing about the results of the interview.

Hi everyone! I am stressing about something on PharmCAS, and I was hoping someone here could help. I sent my Fall 2010 grades in the beginning of January, and PharmCAS still hasn't updated yet saying they received them! I was wondering if anyone knew how strictly Mercer enforces the Feb. 1 deadline for fall grades? All of my other grades, recs, pcat scores, etc have made it in time. Apparently this is normal for PharmCAS to take this long, but I am getting really stressed that even though I sent it in time, they are not going to put them in in time. Hope someone can help!

Hi everyone! I am stressing about something on PharmCAS, and I was hoping someone here could help. I sent my Fall 2010 grades in the beginning of January, and PharmCAS still hasn't updated yet saying they received them! I was wondering if anyone knew how strictly Mercer enforces the Feb. 1 deadline for fall grades? All of my other grades, recs, pcat scores, etc have made it in time. Apparently this is normal for PharmCAS to take this long, but I am getting really stressed that even though I sent it in time, they are not going to put them in in time. Hope someone can help!

I'm positive you'll be fine. I sent my grades in for an academic update during the second week of December. PharmCAS still hasn't acknowledged receipt of my transcript.

I just had my interview last Friday (Jan. 21). :) For those of you that have been accepted already, how long after your interview did it take Mercer to contact you?

Thanks so much!

Right before I left, Emily said the committee is meeting tomorrow, Tuesday; Can anyone at the January 21st interview confirm this.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody else interviewing Friday, Jan. 28 at 9:00 am?

Well, no calls yet after lunch. Kristen, were you the interviewee from california?

Just got the acceptance call from Jordana. I hope you get in Kristen!

I just got my phone call from Mercer! I've been accepted for the Class of 2015!!!

Good luck to everyone else! See you in August! :) :)

Yes kristen, Mercer is definitely my first choice. Is it yours? Are you the one with your significant other already in p1? Can't wait for August! Yay

I don't think I was making any sense when I was talking to Jordana, lol.

Yes kristen, Mercer is definitely my first choice. Is it yours? Are you the one with your significant other already in p1? Can't wait for August! Yay

I don't think I was making any sense when I was talking to Jordana, lol.

Yep! Mercer is my 1st choice! And yeah lol my husband is a P1 there! :) Ahh I can't wait either!!!! Yeah, I'm pretty sure Jordana didn't get what I was saying either lol....Do you know if there is a Facebook page yet for our class?? We need one!

Yep! Mercer is my 1st choice! And yeah lol my husband is a P1 there! :) Ahh I can't wait either!!!! Yeah, I'm pretty sure Jordana didn't get what I was saying either lol....Do you know if there is a Facebook page yet for our class?? We need one!

Awesome, that's a power couple right there :thumbup:. I haven't see a facebook page yet.

I got the call about an hour ago as well (from the jan. 21st morning group). hope to see some of the other candidates in august!

hey everybody, I was in the afternoon group on Jan 21st and I just got the call a couple of hours ago with word that I had been accepted, congrats to everyone else that has been accepted and good luck to everyone still waiting to hear! I don't know if there is an official 2015 Facebook group yet but if there is and anyone knows definitely pass along the info, and if not let's get one started! Mercer is my definite choice and I am excited to get to know everyone in what should be a great class =)

Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted!! I received my acceptance call this afternoon!!!! I am so happy!! Mercer is my number one choice!!! :D Can't wait to meet all my classmates!!
:highfive:

Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted!! I received my acceptance call this afternoon!!!! I am so happy!! Mercer is my number one choice!!! :D Can't wait to meet all my classmates!!
:highfive:

Congrats! See you in August! :)

I'm interested in starting a facebook group for our class with the help of others here, but I need some Mercer Pharmacy facebook friends to add to the group to get it started! PM me your name/email for facebook if you are interested so I can make a group so we can interact about virtually anything (housing, roomates, financial aid, advice, current news, classes/books, etc.)

:D:laugh::D

anyone who has been accepted can search for the Facebook group "Mercer University COPHS Doctor of Pharmacy Class of 2015" and request an invite to join. Either Jordana, John, or I (Brian) will accept the request ASAP. Thanks ya'll, look forward to meeting and getting to know all of you!

I noticed on another thread that some people have been offered scholarships from Mercer based on their GPA? I was just wondering of anyone had more information about that, or if they don't mind sharing that they received one. Thanks!

I noticed on another thread that some people have been offered scholarships from Mercer based on their GPA? I was just wondering of anyone had more information about that, or if they don't mind sharing that they received one. Thanks!

Hey, I know a little about it--My husband is a P1 and has that scholarship. It's called the Deans Merit Scholarship. You have to have a 3.75 going in to Mercer and you get $7,500 off your tuition your 1st year. (You have to maintain that GPA in order to get it the next year)

how long does it take for them to get back o you ..i got interviewed jan 28th:rolleyes:

how long does it take for them to get back o you ..i got interviewed jan 28th:rolleyes:

The Admissions Committee meets once a month. I got interviewed Jan. 21 and got the acceptance call on Tuesday, Jan. 25 (that's when the committee met). So I guess it just depends on when they meet again. Good luck!!

hey i asked Emily she told me that the committee is planning to meet on frb 17th.....can't wait to hear from them woot woot

yea mercer is my first choice ...plus i live in atlanta..so it will be easier for me

Did you ever hear anything from Mercer? :xf:

Yes, I was placed on the wait list :confused:. So I guess I just have to wait to see what happens :xf:. Thanks for checking back on me though :). Also congratulations to you!

If anyone has been accepted to this school, please let me know so you can be added to the roll call for 2014/2015. Please post in the sticky thread or PM me your acceptances and the program you will be attending (if accepted to multiple schools).:)

Hey guys. I had a question for the people who applied to both Mercer and UGA. What made you guys decide to go to Mercer instead of UGA? I'm having a hard time deciding. Please let me know. Thank you!

Hey guys. I had a question for the people who applied to both Mercer and UGA. What made you guys decide to go to Mercer instead of UGA? I'm having a hard time deciding. Please let me know. Thank you!

1. I was too lazy to drive to Athens, so I declined my interview invite.
  2. I didn't like how acceptance to UGA hinged on your choice for year 3/4 campus location.
  3. Mercer has better rotation sites.
  4. You have the opportunity to get a PharmD. with MBA at Mercer.

1. Mercer's block scheduling...I love doing one course in a short amount of time.
2. Everyone @ Mercer is SO nice. You feel like you're actually a part of a family.
3. So many different rotation sites. You can go out of state if you want. (There are rotations on Indian Reservations for example. And your 4th year, you can go on international rotations.)
4. They make being active on campus really easy. Everyone has the same lunch break and that's when all of the clubs on campus meet.

Mercer was definitely a much better fit for me! :)

I just got an interview offer from Mercer. Unfortunately I'm also juggling other offers from Midwestern, UMinn, and UofUtah right now. To those that have applied and interviewed with both Mercer and any of the above schools, what are your impressions of them? As I will be coming from California, will it be worth the trip?

Thanks for any response

I am very excited- I got an interview invitation for next Friday the 18th!! Everyone here really makes Mercer sound so welcoming and friendly. I hope it goes well- it will be my first interview!

I just got an interview offer from Mercer. Unfortunately I'm also juggling other offers from Midwestern, UMinn, and UofUtah right now. To those that have applied and interviewed with both Mercer and any of the above schools, what are your impressions of them? As I will be coming from California, will it be worth the trip?

Thanks for any response

I definitely think it is worth the trip...You'll find Mercer's interview process is a lot different than most schools. It is EXTREMELY laid back...no essay. It's really a time for the admissions committee to find out who you are as a person. When you get there, the dean & other people from admissions will speak for about 45 minutes. Then you'll be split into groups and will take a campus tour. Next, you'll have 3 separate interviews (30 minutes each)--one interview with a student, one interview with a faculty member, and one interview where you "mingle" with the admissions committee, pharmacy students, & other interviewees...Mercer is a GREAT school and I definitely think it would be worth the trip from CA! :) Mercer has a lot of different rotation sites...the block scheduling is amazing...Atlanta is amazing lol

Does anyone know about how long to expect to hear back from Mercer after they receive all the application materials? They should have received all my stuff about 2 weeks ago but I haven't heard anything back yet....

Does anyone know about how long to expect to hear back from Mercer after they receive all the application materials? They should have received all my stuff about 2 weeks ago but I haven't heard anything back yet....

PharmCAS mailed out my application of Feb. 7th. I received an e-mail from Mercer today inviting me to an interview on March 4th. Hope this helps. Good luck!

Just wondering if anyone who was waitlisted has been accepted yet?