memphis vs. ETSU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tennesseejed

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just want an opinion on which tennessee school is better in your eyes and why? So if you were going to state school in tennessee where would you go?

Members don't see this ad.

UT has some amazing hands on for the students due to the large indigent population they take care and the lack of other places to go for healthcare. ETSU is probably one of the best primary care focus schools to go to. Either way they are good but it may depend on what your ultimate goal is, if you think you are headed for emergency medicine then maybe UT is best versus if you are thinking FP then ETSU. ETSU has a smaller class size so that is a huge benefit and the students are pretty laid back well, except some I met during interview that were in gross anatomy....but that is another story.

This probably won't help much with your decision...but I agree with efex....both schools are awesome, just go with what you're more interested in. ETSU also has a really good rural health care program, but I think that Memphis has a comparable one as well. Also, Memphis is a bigger city (duh!) so you get to see a wider variety of cases! I love them both!!!