Memorization Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MJN55

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So, in hopes to understand the science classes i need to take in order to become a graduate and on my way to grad school for PT i was wondering if anyone could help me with memorization tips. I'm currently taking a medical terminology course and its very rigorous in memorizing prefixes and suffixes. The professor has the entire course word list on quizlet, in which i can study from. i just have a tough time memorizing in general. mainly because i dont know how to or what specific tricks work. I dont want to waste time by trying a bunch of different methods. so if someone has any advice for me id greatly appreciate it

Members don't see this ad.

That's the whole point of trying different techniques. You have to find one that works for you. Don't take the lazy route....

yea you better get out of the habit of memorizing and regurgitating because if you make it to DPT school you will fall on your face. Seriously, simply memorizing isn't enough. Even for medical term. If you learn the prefixes and suffixes, you can understand what almost any medical term means. That would make that class go much more smoothly for you. You wouldn't have to study 32851208 words, just know the roots. I hate quizlet with a passion. It does absolutely nothing. Read the textbook, they usually have short sentences in which the word is used and that will help you a lot more. If you can apply it, you'll be golden.