Membership in Honorary/Professional Societies

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

username456789

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What exactly goes in here? Things like belonging to AMA or AMSA? I'm assuming things like AOA, which is by definition a medical "honor society" is not included here since it would probably better belong in "Medical School Awards"? Also, what about the Gold Humanism Honor Society? . . . also belongs in Med School Awards?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, things like AMA/AMSA count here, as well as any number of other professional organizations (ACOG, ACP, AAFP, AUA, etc). There's another thread down below that also discusses this in more detail.

If you're AOA, I would make sure to adjust the drop-down box in the profile tab under the Account heading, which will automatically fill AOA into the Honorary/Professional Society box, not the Med School Awards box.

Gold Humanism I would put in Med School Awards.

Hope that helps!

Is it strange just to put 'none' here? I've never been honored, no one ever awarded me anything, and I'm not even in any professional societies (the AAP sorta sucks). Thoughts?

Reactions: 1 user