Meharry Masters of Health Science Program 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys! Wanted to get y'all opinion. I applied for MHS since Dec but before that I began the MSPH application. Do you think its necessary or not to apply for MSPH as well?
MSPH is 2 years, right? if you want a public health degree, go for it.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know how financial aid works for MHS? Cause I completed my FAFSA app for 2021-22 and wanted to know if they give the aid money before or after the program starts.

Does anyone know how financial aid works for MHS? Cause I completed my FAFSA app for 2021-22 and wanted to know if they give the aid money before or after the program starts.
Disbursement of funds generally comes after the first or second week of classes.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey y'all, a little late to the party, but I just wanna say I hope yall get into the programs you applied forrr! Definitely hoping on this Meharry app
Good luck to you, too!!

Does anyone know about the time frame for admissions?? I reached out to one of the admissions reps that I’ve spoken to before, but I haven’t heard back.

Just a reminder that the application for the MHS program is due tomorrow!

Reactions: 3 users
I got mine too but I haven’t submitted my transcript and mcat scores. I wonder was it sent out to everyone that applied.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there a separate application for the Dental school MHS? Asking for a friend not on SDN?

Or do you use the same application?

Is there a separate application for the Dental school MHS? Asking for a friend not on SDN?

Or do you use the same application?

I don't believe there's a separate application but the deadline was March 31st.

Anyone knows how many seats are in the MHS PROGRAM?

I'm confused. Shouldn't the med school class be almost full? Maybe they focus on us after?

I'm confused. Shouldn't the med school class be almost full? Maybe they focus on us after?
that's what I was thinking. Maybe they're focusing on filling the med/dental classes, then start accepting us?

Anyone get any updates recently? I don't want to be impatient and contact Meharry.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Anyone get any updates recently? I don't want to be impatient and contact Meharry.

Hope everyone is doing well!
Not yet :/ I think they’re still working on the MD students. I believe MD interviews should be done on April 15th tho

So

Perhaps we'll know by the end of this month?
That's what I'm hoping for. But according to last year thread, some people didn't know till middle of May - early June 😕

That's what I'm hoping for. But according to last year thread, some people didn't know till middle of May - early June 😕
I think the application deadline last year was sometime in May

I think the application deadline last year was sometime in May
Yeah that reason too and so for this year the deadline was earlier so we should hear back sooner than last year

Reactions: 1 users
I never got an under review email even though my application was complete and submitted before the deadline. Am I the only one?

I never got an under review email even though my application was complete and submitted before the deadline. Am I the only one?
No youre not the only one and where did you send your transcripts to because i sent mines to the office of admission ?

No youre not the only one and where did you send your transcripts to because i sent mines to the office of admission ?
I sent my transcripts to Ms. Shelita McIntosh email address when I applied directly.

You should check your junk email. I was pretty sad when I saw everyone saying they received an under review email. I checked junk like a week later and found it there.

Reactions: 2 users
If you applied to to meharrys medical school would you still need to provide the documents such as the transcripts?

I didn't send any transcripts yet since I didn't see anywhere on the Meharry application where they mentioned where to send over transcripts. And you don't need to take the GRE

hey y’all! Do y’all know of anyone who has gotten into the program with a gpa below a 3.0?

hey y’all! Do y’all know of anyone who has gotten into the program with a gpa below a 3.0?
I reached out to a current MHS student concerning your question and she said she's pretty sure some of her classmates had sub 3.0 GPAs

I got an email asking for a Screenshot of my mcat and to email my transcripts a couple days ago

Anybody know when to expect an admissions decision?

Anybody know when to expect an admissions decision?
When I reached out to Ms. Mclntosh on April 15th, she told me final status updates will be released in 2-4 weeks. So I think we're looking into mid-May.

Reactions: 6 users