Meharry Masters of Health Science Program 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think for the majority of us all we need is a score. For the MHS I think the classes are more so to make sure you don't struggle on the standardized test for the next level.
See...my problem is my gpa :/ I got a 506 on the mcat but I’m a ******* and took the worlds hardest major at the worlds hardest school and figured I’d go into the workforce but changed my mind. So what sorts of programs should I be focusing my efforts?

Members don't see this ad.

agreed, all I’m saying is friends who have gone through have told me if they could’ve just gotten the score they would’ve done that, so I’m taking the advice. Goodluck!! I know you’ll do great. About half their class also didn’t matriculate either so idk. It depends on the year
Gotcha. Last year's class had a high % matriculate.

And best of luck too you as well!!!! I know you will do well.

See...my problem is my gpa :/ I got a 506 on the mcat but I’m a ******* and took the worlds hardest major at the worlds hardest school and figured I’d go into the workforce but changed my mind. So what sorts of programs should I be focusing my efforts?

506 is great. You sure you can’t matriculate directly through??

Members don't see this ad :)
You're a what? Lol

I feel like you are the type of student formal Pre med post baccs want. U have the standardized test score you just need some classes to bump of your GPA. What was your major?

You're a what? Lol

I feel like you are the type of student formal Pre med post baccs want. U have the standardized test score you just need some classes to bump of your GPA. What was your major?
Biomedical engineering

Reactions: 1 user
Find a post bacc that has linkage I'm I'm pretty sure you would get in. Check out AAMC's database for post baccs. You'll have to move from Nashville though
:/ yeah I’m thinking I might have to at this rate. Leaving was sort of the last resort since I have a lot going on here

:/ yeah I’m thinking I might have to at this rate. Leaving was sort of the last resort since I have a lot going on here
Chase those dreams..... wherever it takes you. I'll have lived in 4 different states so far chasing this dream. Don't let that stop you.

Reactions: 4 users
Hello all! I received information about the waitlist. If you did not get above a 491 on the MCAT with a 3.5 GPA you are not getting into MHS. Also, the program is staying at its size of 50 this year as well. It looks like the program is already at capacity. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but these are the facts and I hate to be strung along without knowing anything so I am sharing this with you all. I am not sure what the purpose of the waitlist was except for that if someone decides not to attend last minute.

Blessings

Ok, this makes no sense. Not to shoot the messenger or anything like that but someone recently said they drove up there and spoke to admissions and they confirmed the class size as 100.....

Reactions: 6 users
Ok, this makes no sense. Not to shoot the messenger or anything like that but someone recently said they drove up there and spoke to admissions and they confirmed the class size as 100.....
Yeah I agree! Also with a gpa that is 3.5 can’t I just directly apply ?? Confused about that !

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)

I have no reason to lie lol. Just telling you what I heard from the director.

Yeah I agree! Also with a gpa that is 3.5 can’t I just directly apply ?? Confused about that !

They said the program is moreso for MCAT. They want people who have a chance at bringing it up to the 501 that is required so they don’t accept anything below.

Hello all! I received information about the waitlist. If you did not get above a 491 on the MCAT with a 3.5 GPA you are not getting into MHS. Also, the program is staying at its size of 50 this year as well. It looks like the program is already at capacity. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but these are the facts and I hate to be strung along without knowing anything so I am sharing this with you all. I am not sure what the purpose of the waitlist was except for that if someone decides not to attend last minute.

Blessings
Question: So did everyone who was accepted have a 3.5 GPA and a 491 MCAT?

I drove over 9 hours to get this info, so yea don’t shoot the messenger lol.

My only concern is, what is the significance of being placed on the waitlist if you don’t meet both of those requirements? Especially when somebody said earlier people have already been rejected right?

Reactions: 2 users
My only concern is, what is the significance of being placed on the waitlist if you don’t meet both of those requirements? Especially when somebody said earlier people have already been rejected right?

Lmao I asked this question.. they do not know

True. Not saying you’re providing false information or anything, it just genuinely doesn’t add up.

Ok but I think that angelyka said they sent out 100 decisions that night ppl got accepted. I’m not calling anyone on here a liar I’m just saying the amount of conflicting information for 1 masters program is outrageous. If that’s what the director said then cool but no one has said they were flat out rejected via email at this point and I know I counted over 15 ppl saying they got waitlisted so if that’s for a class of 50 they bugging. Waste of time, money, etc if u ask me because if both those requirements ain’t met then those ppl shouldn’t be waitlisted anyways. & why not specify these numbers in the beginning vs saying we reviewed applications of students who seemed promising and a good fit for Meharry and sent them invites to apply???? I spoke with Ms.Curry when I first got the email and specifically asked about minimum Mcat/gpa and if I remember correctly she stated there was no set minimum but if u got an invitation u basically met what they are looking for.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
I haven’t heard of anyone being flat out rejected

Facts, I was more so referring to what @Cloud2019 said earlier this week, just more information received when calling.

Cause I haven’t seen or heard anybody say they’ve been flat out rejected either. Just deciding to join other programs, or be removed from the waitlist.

Maybe that's a committee question. Based on previous posts and a phone call I had, decisions are based on what the committee chose and admissions just sent out the decisions. Idk. This is wild. Imma just laugh at my pain

Last edited:
I agree about setting minimum reqs. I am pretty sure a lot of people would have backed out themselves because they knew they didn’t meet those so why weren’t we told of them? Now I’m thinking this is a money-making scheme ! First I was contact by meharry admissions by email to finish my secondary ( I hadn’t finished it earlier because before that I had decided not to go). Then this invitation for mhs ? Like I never applied to med school or mhs myself! Idk this is just very disheartening!

I had a 493 mcat. I don't know which GPA they used since I have a graduate and undergraduate one. If they used undergraduate then I didn't have a chance. Some people basically had 3.5+ graduate GPAs and were waitlisted

Reactions: 3 users
I agree about setting minimum reqs. I am pretty sure a lot of people would have backed out themselves because they knew they didn’t meet those so why weren’t we told of them? Now I’m thinking this is a money-making scheme ! First I was contact by meharry admissions by email to finish my secondary ( I hadn’t finished it earlier because before that I had decided not to go). Then this invitation for mhs ? Like I never applied to med school or mhs myself! Idk this is just very disheartening!
Exactly. Had they set a minimum, I wouldn't had applied.

Ok but I think that angelyka said they sent out 100 decisions that night ppl got accepted. I’m not calling anyone on here a liar I’m just saying the amount of conflicting information for 1 masters program is outrageous. If that’s what the director said then cool but no one has said they were flat out rejected via email at this point and I know I counted over 15 ppl saying they got waitlisted so if that’s for a class of 50 they bugging. Waste of time, money, etc if u ask me because if both those requirements ain’t met then those ppl shouldn’t be waitlisted anyways. & why not specify these numbers in the beginning vs saying we reviewed applications of students who seemed promising and a good fit for Meharry and sent them invites to apply???? I spoke with Ms.Curry when I first got the email and specifically asked about minimum Mcat/gpa and if I remember correctly she stated there was no set minimum but if u got an invitation u basically met what they are looking for.

Yes. I did say that and I spoke directly to the same person that I spoke with face to face in April. I have been trying to call him all week for verification about the waitlist and especially since what he told me conflicts with what is being mentioned on here now. I know I’m not lying and I don’t think anyone on here is. Perhaps, those in charge are giving conflicting information as they are being informed of it at different times.

Yes. I did say that and I spoke directly to the same person that I spoke with face to face in April. I have been trying to call him all week for verification about the waitlist and especially since what he told me conflicts with what is being mentioned on here now. I know I’m not lying and I don’t think anyone on here is. Perhaps, those in charge are giving conflicting information as they are being informed of it at different times.
It seems like they have a huge miscommunication amongst each other. I forgot who visit recently but they reported financial aid didn't know about the 100 class size until recently, you received info about 100 decisions and now we're hearing about only 50 people for class size.
I need a drink :scared::boom:

It seems like they have a huge miscommunication amongst each other. I forgot who visit recently but they reported financial aid didn't know about the 100 class size until recently, you received info about 100 decisions and now we're hearing about only 50 people for class size.
I need a drink :scared::boom:

I tried calling 3 times today. No answer. I will try again Monday.

Also confused how this is supposed to be a holistic review when they’re are set min reqs lol ! This is hilarious !

Also confused how this is supposed to be a holistic review when they’re are set min reqs lol ! This is hilarious !
Right! All I can do is laugh and avoid my mom whenever she asks me about any updates from them lol

Facts, I was more so referring to what @Cloud2019 said earlier this week, just more information received when calling.

Cause I haven’t seen or heard anybody say they’ve been flat out rejected either. Just deciding to join other programs, or be removed from the waitlist.
Ya I called admissions on that day and the lady on the phone informed me about some people who were already rejected and therefore me being on a waitlist is still a good news. I’m just restating what was said. I personally don’t know of anyone from this forum who got rejected yet but if someone in here did please feel free to tell us. Thank you.

Yep. Couldn’t check into a hotel until 2 am. I am exhausted and emotionally drained.
Thank you for your hard work and providing us all with this information. Really appreciate it! Best of luck to all of us on the waiting-list!

Was anyone's waitlist email responded to whether you accepted it or removed yourself? I was wondering because technically early in last cycle I withdrew all my medical school applications including meharry but it was never acknowledged. Then I got a rejection letter followed by an invite to this program

Was anyone's waitlist email responded to whether you accepted it or removed yourself? I was wondering because technically early in last cycle I withdrew all my medical school applications including meharry but it was never acknowledged. Then I got a rejection letter followed by an invite to this program
Nope. I only received the general auto reply message

I didn't receive any reply from them either.

Is anyone going to call today ? Was wondering since the deadline to accept decisions for those accepted was Friday? Or are we just waiting till July 12th!

Status
Not open for further replies.