This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I recieved a II as well, but will probably be declining the interview due to personal reasons. So hopefully it goes to one of you

Members don't see this ad.

I'm just going to stay hopeful until I receive an email that says something along the lines of I regret to inform you...

I've lost hope for this cycle. I hope you all do well!

Sent from my iPhone

Reactions: 1 user
I recieved a II as well, but will probably be declining the interview due to personal reasons. So hopefully it goes to one of you
You're an angel but I'm sorry to hear about your personal issues! I hope all is well. Sending good vibes your way!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I've lost hope for this cycle. I hope you all do well!

Sent from my iPhone
Never lose hope! Stay strong, learn from the experience and come back harder and better. Things happen for a reason! You can do this

received an email regarding a status changed and my page was updated! Got an II!

I checked my status on the portal at around 7:30 am and saw the update there first, and I just received the e-mail about a status change at 8:22 am

II! I'm scheduled for 4/3/17 but looking to reschedule as I have a wedding on 4/2/17. I believe the other interview date is 4/5/17...anyone willing to reschedule with me? I'm coming from California so you can see the dilemma I'm in...lol

I have news!! Lol
Okay so Christine from the admissions office just told me there was a glitch in the system yesterday as they were uploading the information so she is entering the information in today and it will update tomorrow! So everyone will know by tomorrow.

Good luck everyone!!!!
Was she the first one who answered the admissions office phone number?

II! I'm scheduled for 4/3/17 but looking to reschedule as I have a wedding on 4/2/17. I believe the other interview date is 4/5/17...anyone willing to reschedule with me? I'm coming from California so you can see the dilemma I'm in...lol

Pm'd. I'm willing to swap dates!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

will be declining the interview due to personal reasons! hope it goes to one of you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone interviewed already? What was the day like? Were the interviews intense?

Both of your gpa's are above the limit of 3.0. Your MCAT may be too high for the program, but it doesn't hurt to try!
I was wondering what people's stats were in order to get invited to apply? I have 3.5cgpa, 3.3sci, 499 mcat. OOS black female.

The application process for OSU MEDPATH is not solely based on stats but the holistic approach of the OSU med school decision process. OSU SOM recommends about 200 applications from their application pool (2017 pool reached above 8000) that would be considered excellent candidate if their disadvantaged status did not impede their progress in undergrad.
The stats perspective does not sufficiently explain the process. A 499 is also not too high. If you are not able to be competitive for an OSU SOM seat but otherwise fit the holistic approach then you have a strong probability to be considered for MEDPATH.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone when they're gonna call those who are accepted? I'm assuming it's by phone call according to last years thread...not 100% sure tho.

The application process for OSU MEDPATH is not solely based on stats but the holistic approach of the OSU med school decision process. OSU SOM recommends about 200 applications from their application pool (2017 pool reached above 8000) that would be considered excellent candidate if their disadvantaged status did not impede their progress in undergrad.
The stats perspective does not sufficiently explain the process. A 499 is also not too high. If you are not able to be competitive for an OSU SOM seat but otherwise fit the holistic approach then you have a strong probability to be considered for MEDPATH.
I don't want to seem like I know everything about MEDPATH, because I certainly do not. And I strongly encourage you to apply to the program, because I think it's a great opportunity! You should call Mrs. Nikki and ask her. She is awesome and would be able to give you the most accurate information. But contrary to what OneRoughMug stated, there is an MCAT score that will land you as not being considered for MEDPATH; that score can be above or below the range for MEDPATH applicants. Grant it I forget what the range was that she told me, but there is definitely a range. Again, I wish you the very best! Good luck!!

But contrary to what OneRoughMug stated, there is an MCAT score that will land you as not being considered for MEDPATH
I get what you are saying. However, that is not contrary to what I stated regarding the MCAT score limit. I stated that a 499 was not too high. I then explained what aspects of the holistic approach more accurately explains the decision process qualifying you for MEDPATH and an interview invitation. Holistic approach looks at more than just stats.

Does anyone when they're gonna call those who are accepted? I'm assuming it's by phone call according to last years thread...not 100% sure tho.
I would take my phone off vibrate on Thursday, especially if I was in another time zone.

Got the acceptance call at 1:42pm!!!

Reactions: 2 users
I have decided to take the plunge to apply to OSU this summer with the sole purpose of hopefully being considered to apply to the MEDPATH program! If anyone can offer any insight/advice please PM me!

This thread is for everyone that has been invited to apply to OSU's MEDPATH program! The applications are due January 31st.

Good luck!!
A quick question: I only got a 493 on the MCAT so I am retaking it this fall, but my gpa is pretty good. Is it worth applying if I am not disadvantaged?

A quick question: I only got a 493 on the MCAT so I am retaking it this fall, but my gpa is pretty good. Is it worth applying if I am not disadvantaged?
If you feel like MEDPATH program would be beneficial to you, I would recommend applying. You have nothing to lose.

Hello,
If you guys don't mind answering, what were you GPAs for undergrad? Because my MCAT score is 512, but my GPA is a 3.2. OSUCOM is the only medical school I am really interested in so I want to know my chances of getting referred to the MEDPATH program if I'm not competitive for matriculating to the COM.
I am from a disadvantage background.

Hello,
If you guys don't mind answering, what were you GPAs for undergrad? Because my MCAT score is 512, but my GPA is a 3.2. OSUCOM is the only medical school I am really interested in so I want to know my chances of getting referred to the MEDPATH program if I'm not competitive for matriculating to the COM.
I am from a disadvantage background.
Have you applied to OSUCOM? Personally, I think your MCAT is competitive, I don't see how you would benefit from taking MCAT classes during MEDPATH. I would suggest taking a couple classes to boost your GPA if you think that's something that would make you more competitive. Just my 2 cents, you could always contact admissions to see what they think.

Have you applied to OSUCOM? Personally, I think your MCAT is competitive, I don't see how you would benefit from taking MCAT classes during MEDPATH. I would suggest taking a couple classes to boost your GPA if you think that's something that would make you more competitive. Just my 2 cents, you could always contact admissions to see what they think.
Thank you for getting back to me. No I haven't applied yet, but am considering doing the early decision option for OSUCOM since its my top pick for medical school--quite frankly my only pick. Do you think that would jeopardize my chances since I'm not the most competitive applicant?