Army Medical Waiver for ARNG (AMEDD)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

studocplsignore

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I decided to sign up for the ARNG under AMEDD as a medical student. I'm currently working on the application and the paperwork and had my medical information done. Once that went to DoDMerb, I was told I was disqualified due to two things:

(1) Astigmatism in excess of 3.00 diopters - I believe mine is 3.50 diopters in the R and 3.25 diopters in the right

(2) History or treatment of enuresis, nocturia, urinary frequency/urgency, incontinence or retention of urine, or dysuria - Regarding non-GU related Enuresis - Had some frequent urination problems a couple months back (embarrassing I know).

I've asked my recruiter to put in for a medical waiver, but since this is all in limbo, I'm quite worried it'll be declined. Does anyone here have experience with medical waivers and know if these are issues that'll like be waived? Are they very strict on these sorts of things for the AMEDD department? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.