Medical Spanish Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MD2B in 2010

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What up peeps.

Quick question, I was wondering if you all knew of any medical schools that offer or incorporate medical spanish as an elective in the curriculumn or summer exchange program type excursions.

I am curious because I am black, shocker right, lol, and really am interested in becoming proficient in the spanish language. I have over 60 hours of medical spanish under my belt now but would like to keep all systems go in medical also.

Just wondering.

Members don't see this ad.

What up peeps.

Quick question, I was wondering if you all knew of any medical schools that offer or incorporate medical spanish as an elective in the curriculumn or summer exchange program type excursions.

I am curious because I am black, shocker right, lol, and really am interested in becoming proficient in the spanish language. I have over 60 hours of medical spanish under my belt now but would like to keep all systems go in medical also.

Just wondering.

I know that AECOM (Albert Einstein College of Medicine) has a medical spanish program where you study it a few times a week during your lunch break. They have everything from beginner through advanced. I commend you on your commitment towards learning the best language there is :laugh:

For real tho...we all know it's useful, especially in urban settings where people never even have to learn English...despite the fact that they should lol