Medical Scribe Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bobsaget121

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got a Full Time payed position as a Medical Scribe at a Dermatology Clinic. The cool thing about the clinic is there are two MD's and 5 PA's who work onsite. I was told that the pay increase over time and if I wanted to I could work there as a Medical Assistant after 9 months. The office also includes health benefits and 401k. I also just got an interview for medical Scribe Position at a Ears, Nose & Throat Medical Office and was planning on attending to see what they offer. I was wondering which one of these options sounds good. Should I stick with the Dermatology clinic or should I go for the ENT?

Members don't see this ad.

I just got a Full Time payed position as a Medical Scribe at a Dermatology Clinic. The cool thing about the clinic is there are two MD's and 5 PA's who work onsite. I was told that the pay increase over time and if I wanted to I could work there as a Medical Assistant after 9 months. The office also includes health benefits and 401k. I also just got an interview for medical Scribe Position at a Ears, Nose & Throat Medical Office and was planning on attending to see what they offer. I was wondering which one of these options sounds good. Should I stick with the Dermatology clinic or should I go for the ENT?

I interviewed at two different offices and chose the one that was more committed to helping me learn. I do not regret it AT ALL. My doctor is amazing. He’s the best teacher and I absolutely love my job. It’s been the best experience thus far. The practice is super friendly as well, and every doctor takes time to say hello with me and chat. I’m the only scribe there, which was intimidating at first, but I’ve learned so much. I would say to pick the office that is most committed to helping you reach your goals.

Reactions: 1 users
Never hurts to hear what else is out there, but in reality, we are talking about a very low level / unskilled position. Go with the gig you enjoy most. Everything else is inconsequential at this stage of the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never hurts to hear what else is out there, but in reality, we are talking about a very low level / unskilled position. Go with the gig you enjoy most. Everything else is inconsequential at this stage of the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with this, but at the same time, it actually is highly advantageous for the scribe IMO. I’m making connections with doctors, learning about patient to physician contact, learning how to write HPIs and about all the paperwork physicians do, and learning about conditions specific to the practice I work in. I know it’s a low level position, but the experience has been invaluable. Maybe it’s because of my specific practice, but I cannot say enough how much I’ve learned and how much time they take to teach me every single day. My situation might be different because I’m basically my physician’s shadow and essentially follow him around all day from rooms to his office, but like I said before, pick the practice that is going to teach you the most. I’ve been so impressed by this practice supporting my goals and asking every day what they can do better to help me learn.