Mechanism of Action website?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BMBiology

temporarily banned~!
Removed
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
My SDN friends, I need your help! Does anybody know of a good website for drugs' mechanism of action with good pictures?

Members don't see this ad.

Honestly, Wikipedia has always been a pretty good starting point. They'll tend to have links to review articles with some nice diagramatic representations.

PharmGKB, a genomics website, also has some excellent pictures and explanations, but only when the drug has a decent amount of genomic interaction (the diagram for warfarin is crazy). You might also want to try the different drugs' websites, they tend to have videos and the like in the "Healthcare Professionals" section...from what I remember, Zetia and Plavix have pretty good ones.

If your school will give you access to it, the Clinical Pharmacology database/website is pretty decent but there's no pictures.

Members don't see this ad :)
Honestly, Wikipedia has always been a pretty good starting point. They'll tend to have links to review articles with some nice diagramatic representations.

PharmGKB, a genomics website, also has some excellent pictures and explanations, but only when the drug has a decent amount of genomic interaction (the diagram for warfarin is crazy). You might also want to try the different drugs' websites, they tend to have videos and the like in the "Healthcare Professionals" section...from what I remember, Zetia and Plavix have pretty good ones.

oh man what an awesome site.. thank you.

If I'm on the go, definitely Wikipedia for a short concise answer. But if someone wants something more in detail, I'd normally dig out the package insert for the drug or just look it up on Clinical Pharmacology

is there one with a lot of informative pictures?