Appropriate Disciplinary Action?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Avex007

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
1st day of conversion from chain A to Chain B.

I was written for keeping control safe unlocked for 1 hour and then 6 minutes.
Someone reported me and Rx manager gave me a final warning.

This was a new type of safe/ time delayed.

Seems excessive to me.

Members don't see this ad.

Some time-delay safes log all access times, including how long the safe is open. At a certain chain, loss prevention gets alerted to the safe being open "too long."

All chains require safes to be closed at all times other than to retrieve or replace product (maybe one exception is to do inventory). What did you really expect?

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Well why did you leave the safe open for so long?

Reactions: 2 users
Good thing is that it is an easy fix.

What is Walgreens policy regarding not locking your safe?

Reactions: 1 user
Hi there.

Pharmacist manager is bullying Staff pharmacist. Blaming staff for everything not done. Staff has brought to Rx and store manager attention that tech is not doing job. Tech already has 3 call outs. Doesn't fill, etc.

Instead, was told to multi task.

Rx manager wrote staff up for keeping safe unlocked during work. Has a notebook of complaint and unofficial customer complaints documented against staff.
Tech also have complaint but manager put staff as responsible associate.

Rx manager has Rx error cover up. Tech has been on camera making suggestive jokes. Reported this to HR

Nothing is being done.

Please advise.
Different neighboring store. Said tech at prior store got let go as soon as Rx manager changed at that store. We all know she (tech) was full of it.

Are you sure you aren't the problem ? Seems like there is trouble everywhere you go …

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
You’re a former rite aid that got converted to wags huh? Listen I get those safes take a minute to understand, but I can’t see you accidentally leaving one of the time delay safes open for an hour on accident.... There has to be more to this story.

Reactions: 3 users
I keep those safes open for a long time when I am doing monthly inventory

Just comply with your company's Loss Prevention....kind of hard to defend your actions unless you had faulty equipment/needed safe maintenance performed. Sure, it takes some time to get use to different technology and understand the various parameters of an instrument...this should not be a re-occurring problem

Reactions: 1 users
There is no excuse for leaving the C 2 cabinet open. Hell, I frown upon pharmacists who leave it open for 2 minutes while they are counting.

I mean 4 second of time saving is worth jeopardizing your job?

Reactions: 3 users
1st day of conversion from chain A to Chain B.

I was written for keeping control safe unlocked for 1 hour and then 6 minutes.
Someone reported me and Rx manager gave me a final warning.

This was a new type of safe/ time delayed.

Seems excessive to me.

Did it take you 1 hour and 6 minutes to fill a C2?

Reactions: 1 user
HR said it seemed excessive but prior history (the company) had same discipline so the same must be applied. (My assumption is to prevent lawsuit)

Was told not to worry too much and it is not additive to other warnings. just don't do it again etc

Last edited:
Yeah, don't take 1 hour and 6 minutes to fill a C2 again and you'll be fine.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
when you feel like its always you, then maybe part of the problem is you. Have you taken a moment to reflect on what you can be doing better, instead of instantly becoming defensive and thinks that everyone is going after you?

I used to leave the safe open all the time.. it bugged the crap out of me to put the code in, go back to my station, wait 2 minutes for the time delay to expire, within that 2 minutes I would get like 18 phone calls and deal with 14 tech/customer questions, then go back to the safe only to find that the unlock window had expired and I had to do it all over again. On top of it all I was expected to get that damn cii out the door in under 12 mins...

I said screw it - I kept the damn thing unlocked.. I was well liked and had great stats so no-one gave me a hard time.. in fact I think it got to the point where they were afraid to confront me with anything... I had turned the tables on them. Hell I even forgot to deadbolt the pharmacy door one night...