MD Summers Program-Anyone

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mspersistent

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am interested in applying to the MD summers program at Morehouse School of Medicine and wanted to get some insights about the program. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know much about the morehouse summer program but I attended the program at MCG and you can take Kaplan for one hundred dollars instead of spending seventeen hundred dollars. The program at morehouse does not prepare you for the mcat. They mention this on the website for the program. The Morehouse summer suprogram allows the students to take classes that the first year medical school students take so it gives you a taste of medical school. If you need mcat prep and shadowing experience you might want to look into the summer program at MCG especially if you are a Ga resident. Trust me its a great program.

That is wonderful to here! im a GA resident and i have been looking into the MCG program for a long time. I want to do it this summer (before my junior year)... what else did you have to pay for other than the $100 for kaplen? is MCG where you want to go?... anything else to say about the program? I also wont be finished with the second half of o chem by that time, do you think i will be in a big disadvantage??.... id be finished with all of the other prereqs,, but i saw that they stress having the full year of o chem before coming