MD in mcgill with someone with a green card

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blowe46

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys

I am an american citizen and I'm applying to Mcgill this year. does anyone know how competitive it is for americans applying to Mcgill? does anyone know how many spots are available?

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

There are a good number of seats available for Americans at McGill. In fact, more American seats are available than non-Quebec Canadians. It would be worth your time to apply if you have the basic GPA 3.5+/ MCAT 30+.

Class of 2007 has 22 int'l/ 10 out of province. 2008 has 11 Int'l/ 8 OOP (I think) and this year's first year's have 8 Int'l/ 5 or 6 OOP as well---so the US numbers are dropping- not because there are less people applying but because the Quebec government has shrunk the amount of spots available for international students in order to increase the number of in province students in each class to try to ensure higher numbers of doctors in Quebec. Which is funny, as plenty of in-province students in my class took Step One...so they're already thinking about leaving Quebec.

McGillGrad said:
There are a good number of seats available for Americans at McGill. In fact, more American seats are available than non-Quebec Canadians. It would be worth your time to apply if you have the basic GPA 3.5+/ MCAT 30+.

Ran into this thread and thought I would ask if anyone is aware of the number of Americans in the dental class??? Thanks