SPM Viewed by McGill

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Alowe

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Im a U.S. resident current junior in undergrad at GWU, I'm taking the MCAT in august and am applying to a Special Masters in Physiology program (options include Georgetown, Tulane, Tufts, Duke). I'm very interested in Mcgill as a medical school and wanted to know if anyone has any insight on if they consider these programs to be as valuable as many US medical school do.

Members don't see this ad.

McGill graduate here. I know that in Canada completing a Masters and getting a pub during that time helps a lot of previously unsuccessful applicants get in. Canadian med schools as a whole however aren't exactly holding open arms to internationals (UBC flat out doesnt accept any, UoT hasn't taken any the last few years, and McGill only takes a few). Can I ask why the interest in McGill? Do you want to practice in Canada? If so then have you thought about doing a Masters in Canada? Or were you thinking of going to McGill for MD and then residency in the US?