MCW class of '08

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No, there's only four of us, we can't be everywhere at once (we'd all be on every weekend for the duration). PAs would help cover, or maybe the call would be shared amongst different classes.

I only have 12 weekends off the whole year. There's not a lot to work with.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm ecstatic with my 12 weekends... I really like my schedule. Seriously... I'm so ready to be done with school.

I'm ready to be done with CLASS. Thank God we'll be done with our second year in three weeks.

and I don't even go to class. point being, the bulk of our education shifts from didactic to practical. yeah, I know we still have to study and take tests.

so it's May already. when are we gonna party?

Don and I are going to discuss it tomorrow... I tried to find him today but he eluded me. That, or he hates me and doesn't want to be my friend anymore. Sad, really.

Don and I are going to discuss it tomorrow... I tried to find him today but he eluded me. That, or he hates me and doesn't want to be my friend anymore. Sad, really.

Awesome. Discuss over thumbwars. He probably eluded you today because he was trembling at the thought of his inevitable defeat.

I don't hate you. It's just a coping mechanism I use when I see my friends leaving me for distant eastern shores.

You'll never find me anyway.

In other news, I'm homeless for the time being, and currently haunting a couch near you.

Any parties tonight Xandie?

I think it's my black weekend this weekend. Haven't quite figured out how medicine call at the VA works, since Dr. Torre said we're supposed to have "1 weekend day off per week" -- that doesn't go along with the q4 call.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yay for the 08 thread! Woo woo! We need to fill up 10 pages in the next 2 weeks.

Yay for the 08 thread! Woo woo! We need to fill up 10 pages in the next 2 weeks.

Just 'cause you graduate doesn't mean you have to stop posting in here! Or on other MCW threads, for that matter.

I'm hoping to hear an update about the Forensic Path rotation after you've gotten into it a little bit.

I'm hoping to hear an update about the Forensic Path rotation after you've gotten into it a little bit.

My money's on the following update: "Yep, still dead."

My money's on the following update: "Yep, still dead."

This will be Gimlet:

Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: My fellow scienti...
Audience: Ssssssssssssssss!
Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: ...tists... and neuro-surgeons, ladies and gentlemen. A few short weeks ago coming from a background, believe me, as conservably and traditionaly grounded in scientific fact as any of you, I began an experiment in... incredulous as it may sound... the reanimation of dead tissue

Just 'cause you graduate doesn't mean you have to stop posting in here! Or on other MCW threads, for that matter.

Here's how yesterday went.
I got into the ME's office, and they said, "Oh we tried to call you but you had already left. We don't have any cases today and we are interviewing a job candidate so you can just take the day off."

They did tell me to dress decently ok because of the possibility of going to court, which is cool, and I think they mentioned going out to crime/body-finding-place scenes. And on the case board they write the names in a different color for "decomposed" which is awesome.

According to the forensic path description, we do get to maybe go to some crime scenes...whee! I'm hoping we're either required to wear our white coats to the scene, or even better, get one of those nylon windbreakers that says "MEDICAL STUDENT" on the back instead of "MEDICAL EXAMINER."

As for the stethoscope thing...awesome.

image gone for the sake of samenewme's innernets.

Don, I sort of missed the homelessness discussion earlier this morning... want to stay at my house? SEXY PARTY! (Family Guy reference, I'm not *that* disturbed).

0000034499_20061021001105.jpg
actually, yeasterbunny might grow up to look like that

I'm with her. Delicate flowers, both of us.

Am I being mocked? My brain hurts.

PFI is fascinating, let me tell you. And getting two cats to go to the vet is damn near impossible. I had one of those days... but tomorrow is Saturday, and my plans include potentially packing, otherwise doing a whole lot of nothing. That makes me happy.

PFI is fascinating, let me tell you. And getting two cats to go to the vet is damn near impossible. ...

It requires loading the stupid one last, which requires foresight. You have to have enough foresight to have acquired at least one stupid cat.

I have the stupid cat under control. It's my 17 lb monster (not fat, just seriously part-Bengal or something) who it literally took three of us to get into a cardboard box today, which he then broke trying to get out of. I gave up... we're going back to the vet next week in a pillowcase. Fun times!

I have the stupid cat under control. It's my 17 lb monster (not fat, just seriously part-Bengal or something) who it literally took three of us to get into a cardboard box today, which he then broke trying to get out of. I gave up... we're going back to the vet next week in a pillowcase. Fun times!

Smart AND big. I had one like that. She was a sweetheart, though.

As long as I let her do whatever the heck she wanted to do, that is.

Your cat weighs more than my dog.

I really did think my dog would get to be about 5 lbs bigger than she is. She's the runt.

I want you all to know sunny California is beautiful right now. Obviously I would have more fun gloating if it was February, but still it's nicer than Milwaukee in May too.

Going to the beach was somewhat embarassing though. My sunshine-naive bod drew laughter on more than one occasion. What they don't understand is I only come in 2 colors: pasty-white and lobster-red.

Aw, I come in those same colors!! Sometimes I start to look slightly darker than my baseline (which I prefer to call alabaster, but you can run with pasty if you want). Then I realize that's just because it's dark where ever I am.

Ah, redheads. (And if anyone brings up my natural hair color right now, I will kill you. Not messing.)

Ah, redheads. (And if anyone brings up my natural hair color right now, I will kill you. Not messing.)
uh, I didn't realize there was a difference between your natural hair color and the color from when I've seen you or your pictures.

Good. Keep it that way.

Busy day today: 7 autopsies. Any of you guys on trauma surgery right now?