Mcphs-worcester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So I got the dreaded "better than a rejection" letter today. Like a few of you guys, I haven't interviewed either. And the only pre-req I'm missing is Calculus (in progress). Hopefully I get some good news later down the line.

Good Luck everyone.:)

Members don't see this ad.

hi all,
I applied to MCPHS, and i can't find any requirement for supplemental form. Please help. Thanks a lot.

Hi! From what I've heard, if you're applying to the Boston campus, there is no supplemental. Otherwise, all the info you need, including the form, is on the website.

Wow...a page and a half for supplemental essays?! Mine was a paragraph :laugh:

From Boston's Airport
*Ride the Silver Line Bus to South Station
*From South Station take the commuter rail to Worcester

If you go to Mass public transportation website, it will show you exactly what to do. All you have to have is your starting destination and final destination

Good Luck on your interview :)

Hey thanks ,

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone, i just scheduled my interview for the 11th of Dec. and i don't know what to expect. I'm usually excessively nervous at interviews but can someone throw light upon the type of writing sample they usually give? Is it medical/pharmacy related or could it be general and random? Do they ask standard interview questions or delve into other areas like personal/work experiences? Pls, this is my top choice and i'll give anything in the world to get accepted--ofcourse i'm not too desperate but i'm keen on it. Thank you for your inputs

Hi everyone, i just scheduled my interview for the 11th of Dec. and i don't know what to expect. I'm usually excessively nervous at interviews but can someone throw light upon the type of writing sample they usually give? Is it medical/pharmacy related or could it be general and random? Do they ask standard interview questions or delve into other areas like personal/work experiences? Pls, this is my top choice and i'll give anything in the world to get accepted--ofcourse i'm not too desperate but i'm keen on it. Thank you for your inputs

Hey! Anyone who interviewed signed a form agreeing we wouldn't give out detailed info about the interview, but if you read this whole thread, I'm sure you'll be put at ease ;)

Yup, its the building right next to 19 Foster Street. The professor who interviewed me actually took me on a tour to the new building. The new building is strictly for Pharmacy students.
I had a great time at my interview. The interview( more like a normal conversation) lasted 2 hours and 30 minutes.
Good Luck everyone !!!!!!!!

I'm just curious, you mean 2 hrs and 30 minutes for the entire interview process or is it just the actual interview with the professor only?

So I got the dreaded "better than a rejection" letter today. Like a few of you guys, I haven't interviewed either. And the only pre-req I'm missing is Calculus (in progress). Hopefully I get some good news later down the line.

Good Luck everyone.:)

Hmmm, I don't have the Microbiology, Computer Science or Math Elective, and Statistics pre-reqs finished. I have enrolled in those courses for the Spring 2009 semester. However, on the application, I marked starting pharmacy school in Fall 2009. Which season/year did you apply for?

By the way, I submitted my PharmCAS app on 11-29-2008 and the supplementary application on 12-1-2008 (which is today). I hope for good news soon!? - although optimistic01 is worrying me right now...

Dont worry guys. I got accepted and I am currently in Physics I & Biostats, taking micro in the spring, and the behavioral elective in the summer. So I was accepted with 4 pre-reqs missing.

Dont worry guys. I got accepted and I am currently in Physics I & Biostats, taking micro in the spring, and the behavioral elective in the summer. So I was accepted with 4 pre-reqs missing.

Ohh!! You're awesome. Thank you so much. I called MCPHS right now and left them a message with my concern though. But I'm glad I found out sooner than later. My hopefulness has boosted! :)

Ohh!! You're awesome. Thank you so much. I called MCPHS right now and left them a message with my concern though. But I'm glad I found out sooner than later. My hopefulness has boosted! :)

Yeah...I wouldn't sweat it too much if I were you. Besides, there are plenty of other factors that come into play in invite decisions. Good luck to you. Hopefully you hear good news.

all of you who submitted the supplemental for worcester, how long that essay should have to be in supp?

That gives me hope!!!;)

all of you who submitted the supplemental for worcester, how long that essay should have to be in supp?

An essay for the supplemental application for worcester? Are you sure you got the right supplication application? No essay is required. There's just 5 questions and none are in essay form...Well, at least mines weren't. They're just questions such as why the MCPHS-Worcester Accelerated PharmD program? Have you applied before? What courses have you dropped or failed & explain why? things like that...questions to get to know you better.

Here's the official Supp App: http://www.mcphs.edu/admission/docs/PharmD supplemental application - WorcMan.pdf

Members don't see this ad :)
An essay for the supplemental application for worcester? Are you sure you got the right supplication application? No essay is required. There's just 5 questions and none are in essay form...Well, at least mines weren't. They're just questions such as why the MCPHS-Worcester Accelerated PharmD program? Have you applied before? What courses have you dropped or failed & explain why? things like that...questions to get to know you better.

Here's the official Supp App: http://www.mcphs.edu/admission/docs/PharmD supplemental application - WorcMan.pdf

yea..thats the application i m referring too..only the first question

1. Describe specifically why you want to attend the accelerated Doctor of Pharmacy program at Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences. Please also include any impressions that you may have of MCPHS and the Worcester, MA or Manchester, NH area.

Isn't this like essay?
How much should I write? I am guessing about a page..

yea..thats the application i m referring too..only the first question

1. Describe specifically why you want to attend the accelerated Doctor of Pharmacy program at Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences. Please also include any impressions that you may have of MCPHS and the Worcester, MA or Manchester, NH area.

Isn't this like essay?
How much should I write? I am guessing about a page..

My guess is that you write what you think is sufficient enough to complete the question. In reference to what I put down, I personally felt 3 or 4 sentences answered the question completely.

I wrote a paragraph, and I got in.

Also, I had SEVEN outstanding prereqs, and I got in.

I have no pharm experience, and I got in.

Yeaa! No worries! :laugh:

I just added the school on Pharmcas. Should I even bother since this is a school based on rolling admissions? Does anyone know how full the class is already?

I just added the school on Pharmcas. Should I even bother since this is a school based on rolling admissions? Does anyone know how full the class is already?

It is still early. Last year they received applications and were still conducting interviews through April.

It is still early. Last year they received applications and were still conducting interviews through April.

:D Thanks for the info, I think I'm going to withdraw my Boston application and apply for worcester instead. Any idea how much worcester is accepting this year ?

:D Thanks for the info, I think I'm going to withdraw my Boston application and apply for worcester instead. Any idea how much worcester is accepting this year ?

For our class they excepted 166 (Worcester campus), 54 (Manchester). I heard on SDN that they are accepting more this year due to the new building, but I have not heard that around campus. If the class stays in the building we're in now there is no way they would be able to accept more than say 170, our auditorium is packed, they wouldn't have the room.

WOW, so I interviewed Monday and got my acceptance letter today!! So excited!! :soexcited:

WOW, so I interviewed Monday and got my acceptance letter today!! So excited!! :soexcited:

if you don't mind answering...what were your stats? any outstanding courses? - just to get an idea of where i stand.

if you don't mind answering...what were your stats? any outstanding courses? - just to get an idea of where i stand.

major: nursing
3.76 overall GPA
3.76 math and science GPA (coincidence)

Am currently taking physics and sociology. Still have to complete my behavioral sciences and history course - which I will do next semester.

Good luck! You'll find that the people working the office are very, very friendly and supportive. When ya walk in, all of a sudden the nervousness is gone. The professors I met had great credentials and seemed very well-versed in the field. The campus environment is also very conducive to learning cuz everything is situated in one building.

major: nursing
3.76 overall GPA
3.76 math and science GPA (coincidence)

Am currently taking physics and sociology. Still have to complete my behavioral sciences and history course - which I will do next semester.

Good luck! You'll find that the people working the office are very, very friendly and supportive. When ya walk in, all of a sudden the nervousness is gone. The professors I met had great credentials and seemed very well-versed in the field. The campus environment is also very conducive to learning cuz everything is situated in one building.

Well, congrats to you! Hope to join all of you in the Fall of 2009. I just handed in my application, so wish me luck.

Hey guys, I received letter of invitation. I am planning to call this Monday asap. I'm both excited and worried. I think December tickets are expensive since it's xmas season so I'm thinking of scheduling mine in first week of Jan.

Here are my questions
1) What days do they offer the interview (MTWThF)?
2) Which airport? Is there any shuttle service/taxi or once I confirm my interview they'd give me a list of how to get to the destination n' hotels?
3) How cold is it in Boston in January?

Thanks a bunch!

The closest airport to MCPHS-W is Providence, R.I. The Hilton Garden Inn is right around the corner from the school; don't know if they offer shuttle service from airport but maybe they'd have some suggestions. I heard HGI offers discounts to interviewees but don't know that for a fact. Mass. is cold in the winter but the other seasons make up for that in spades. Good luck to you and all the other hardworking prepharms reading this blog!:xf:

The Hilton doesnt provide a shuttle but the cab ride is only like $3

Hey guys! I had applied to Mass- Worc. a while back and I had to call them like 5 times to talk to someone if they had recieved my supp app, she told me she would look then reply back to me. I got an e-mail in the mail the very next week saying that she had found it and it was under review.

NOW (2 weeks later) I got a letter in the mail saying the same exact thing! Im scared my application is far down the line now that since I guess they had lost it... Im really worried now because Im seeing that a lot of people have been accepted to this program already! :(

Does anyone know about how long did it take for them to reply back with any other info after getting this letter? :scared:

Hey guys! I had applied to Mass- Worc. a while back and I had to call them like 5 times to talk to someone if they had recieved my supp app, she told me she would look then reply back to me. I got an e-mail in the mail the very next week saying that she had found it and it was under review.

NOW (2 weeks later) I got a letter in the mail saying the same exact thing! Im scared my application is far down the line now that since I guess they had lost it... Im really worried now because Im seeing that a lot of people have been accepted to this program already! :(

Does anyone know about how long did it take for them to reply back with any other info after getting this letter? :scared:

im in the same situation ,i called them a million times and then finally they answer and tell me they cannot find my application!!:scared: The lady is poke with said she will give me a call if it is found and if not i should re send it and she will waive the 40 dols fee, this rily sucks tho

Hey guys, I received letter of invitation. I am planning to call this Monday asap. I'm both excited and worried. I think December tickets are expensive since it's xmas season so I'm thinking of scheduling mine in first week of Jan.

Here are my questions
2) Which airport? Is there any shuttle service/taxi or once I confirm my interview they'd give me a list of how to get to the destination n' hotels?

Thanks a bunch!
Well, I think they offer interview from Monday to Thursday. I am not sure about airport as I traveled by train from Boston and you can select Marriot to stay, they provide discount to students who come for an interview. Hotel is just 3mints from college.

:thumbup:

Here are my questions

Thanks a bunch!

If you do arrive at Boston Logan airport, there's a shuttle there you can reserve ahead of time and they wait for you at the airport. website for them is knightslimo.com. There very convenient. Hilton Garden Inn does provide discount for MCPHS interview students.

Thanks for the reply everyone. I will look into the shuttle website. I already scheduled my interview (yipee!). I haven't gotten the confirmation letter though. I'm also thinking of taking Logan maybe or whichever is closest. I might just save the $3 cab and do some calorie burner walkathon instead. Best of luck, everyone. :luck:

Thanks for the reply everyone. I will look into the shuttle website. I already scheduled my interview (yipee!). I haven't gotten the confirmation letter though. I'm also thinking of taking Logan maybe or whichever is closest. I might just save the $3 cab and do some calorie burner walkathon instead. Best of luck, everyone. :luck:

Also, consider taking the silver line bus from the airport to the south station train station and catching the train to worcester. I think it would be cheaper, I want to say I paid about $10. Also, I dont think it would be a good idea to walk anywhere in worcester's cold weather around this time of the year, thats just my opinion! LoL But good luck at the interview :)

One advice for you, don't assume logan airport is close to Worcester because that airport is in Boston which is about 1.5hrs away from Foster street-MCPHS. Kindly call whatever Bus/Train you are taking from Boston to Worcester to know the exact departure+arrival time so you don't get stranded in South station instead of being at your interview site. please plan your journey extensively because boston could be a pain. See you guys there tmrw-12/11 and goodluck everyone!

After interview how long they take to get back to you. I interviewed on 8th December still didn't hear anything from them.:scared:

Wish me luck!!!:xf:

After interview how long they take to get back to you. I interviewed on 8th December still didn't hear anything from them.:scared:

about a week... my interview was on the 2nd and i got my acceptance on the 8th... good luck!

I interviewed on a Monday, then I heard that Friday.
So maybe you will hear something tomorrow!!!
Good Luck :)

I interviewed on 12/08 and i just got my acceptance packet today,.:) i'm sooooooooo happpppyyyyyyyyyy. good luck to everyone else

:love: Count me too!!!
I also interviewed on 8th and got in!!! :love:

HOw many students have been accepted to worcester already ?

Interviewed 11th, acceptance letter dated 11th, received on d 13th...fastest acceptance av heard so far...lol count me in too!!! goodluck everyone ciao

Wow congratz a lot of you guys have been accepted already...I wonder how many spots are left? I scheduled mine around third week of January. What do you guys think about the program when you interviewed? Also how much is the housing around on campus vs off campus?

Good luck everyone. They received my supplemental application last week. Hopefully, I will get an interview. A lot of pharmacists I work with went to this school.

Hi guys,

I just received a waiting list letter without an interview from Worc. Does that mean they placed me on hold?

Hi guys,

I just received a waiting list letter without an interview from Worc. Does that mean they placed me on hold?

Pretty much I guess. I'm on the waitlist without an interview as well. :( Hopefully we will hear good news (as in getting an invite) in the next few months! :luck:

Hi guys,

i received that last year and let's just say I'm not happy. :mad:

Interviewed 11th, acceptance letter dated 11th, received on d 13th...fastest acceptance av heard so far...lol count me in too!!! goodluck everyone ciao

Wow!!:luck: thats quick reply.

So have any numbers come out as to how many students were accepted to this program? I wonder how many seats are left in the next round of events. I'm guessing chances are getting slimmer for those applying near the Feb deadline..? What's the history behind this - if you don't mind addressing?