Mcphs-worcester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yea, I'll call them after the holiday tomorrow to have everything cleared up. I just thought it was kind of weird. They sent me that letter along with the pre-req worksheet. I know that some schools do put applicants on the alternate list before the interview, but the letter made no mention of an interview in the future and instead said they'll contact me if they were to offer me admission. On the second thought, it would be cool if I get accepted without an interview. :smuggrin: By the way, congrats to you on your acceptance! :hardy:

Hi, what's your gpa if you don't mine me asking and why do you think they placed you on the alternate list before the interview? Is it because they are running out of vacant seats?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, what's your gpa if you don't mine me asking and why do you think they placed you on the alternate list before the interview? Is it because they are running out of vacant seats?

I really highly doubt they're running out of seats only a month after they started reviewing applications. Sometimes they put people on hold if there aren't enough prerequisites completed or if you don't have a couple of the key science prerequisites finished yet. There are all sorts of reasons I'm sure. For specifics, I'd call admissions.

Seems like no one wants to call admissions! :laugh: We're all just applicants like you guys...admissions is very laid back and I'm sure will answer everything for you!

I still haven't gotten a response yet... stupid new system.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yea, I just called them earlier to clarify about my waitlist status. They said they do hold a waitlist for applicants before interview. And it will take a while (probably toward the end of the application cycle) until they can finalize or review my app again. I guess it's better than totally getting rejected.

Yea, I just called them earlier to clarify about my waitlist status. They said they do hold a waitlist for applicants before interview. And it will take a while (probably toward the end of the application cycle) until they can finalize or review my app again. I guess it's better than totally getting rejected.

Did they give you any reason for that? like remaining courses or other are more qualified?

Did they give you any reason for that? like remaining courses or other are more qualified?

No, she didn't give me any reason for being waitlisted. I only need to take history and am completing U.S. government right now, so I doubt that the remaining courses are hurting my chance of getting an interview. I assume that other applicants are more qualified than I am: from grades to supplemental essay. She told me I should be patient in waiting for them to review other applicants by the end of the application cycle.

Last year they were still interviewing people into April. I sent my app in October, was waitlisted for fall grades. After I submitted fall grades I was asked for an interview in January I think.. might have been February. Anyways, I received my acceptance letter a week later. So, it is def not too late. I think the majority of applications were sent in late. Everyone applying now is still fairly early.

Last edited:
I am short one hour class. So, do you think I will be waitlisted too?

I am short one hour class. So, do you think I will be waitlisted too?

I would think not for one class (unless it is O-chem, maybe). When I applied I still had a year of classes to finish. I was accepted prior to completing 3 electives and O-chem II. I know that the amount of applications is increasing so with that the competition is getting tougher, but if you are the type of student they are looking for then I highly doubt one class would stand in the way.

No, she didn't give me any reason for being waitlisted. I only need to take history and am completing U.S. government right now, so I doubt that the remaining courses are hurting my chance of getting an interview. I assume that other applicants are more qualified than I am: from grades to supplemental essay. She told me I should be patient in waiting for them to review other applicants by the end of the application cycle.

You do not need to take history if u have US government.

You do not need to take history if u have US government.

It's for another requirement on the list. I forgot specifically what it was for, but I think it's for social sciences. I'll look at it again to make sure though.

I would think not for one class (unless it is O-chem, maybe). When I applied I still had a year of classes to finish. I was accepted prior to completing 3 electives and O-chem II. I know that the amount of applications is increasing so with that the competition is getting tougher, but if you are the type of student they are looking for then I highly doubt one class would stand in the way.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, how did your interview go-for you guys who have had interviews?

What is this "new system" everyone is talking about? Im kinda lost on that...

I had submitted my PharmCAS bak in august but i didnt get a chance to send in my supp till just 2 weeks ago. I keep calling the Admissions office but no one ever answers! I always get their voicemail!! I had emailed them too but i didnt get a reply... :(

I have an interview @ Howard on Tuesday so im freaking out about that but would much rather want to go to MCPHS since its accelerated! :scared:

What is this "new system" everyone is talking about? Im kinda lost on that...

I had submitted my PharmCAS bak in august but i didnt get a chance to send in my supp till just 2 weeks ago. I keep calling the Admissions office but no one ever answers! I always get their voicemail!! I had emailed them too but i didnt get a reply... :(

I have an interview @ Howard on Tuesday so im freaking out about that but would much rather want to go to MCPHS since its accelerated! :scared:

I believe they are talking about Pharmcas.

MCPHS Boston just started using it last year, and Worcester/Manchester just started using it this year, so they have a LOT more applications to go through, which delays it a bit. I think the reason why you don't get many of them via phone is because they are busy running around interviewing people as well as reviewing applications!! If you email them, it might be easier to get a response back.. I presume....especially if it's just to ask them if they received your full application.

Hey,

Were you guys, who got an interview, contacted by postal mail or email? I don't know which to expect.

Thanks! :)

Hey,

Were you guys, who got an interview, contacted by postal mail or email? I don't know which to expect.

Thanks! :)

They let you know by a postal mail.
I have my interview tomorrow at 1:30 !
Pray for me !!!!!!!!

Hey, anyone getting interview call or not? Its been long time n still waiting..

I received a letter in the mail yesterday informing me that I had been invited for an interview.

I submitted my PharmCAS in mid-August and finished my Supp App at the end of September. I am located in eastern NY so mail may get to me faster than to others who are farther away from MCPHS.

I received a mail saying that they need my fall grades, which i will be sending tomorrow... so i guess my interview has time...

I received a mail saying that they need my fall grades, which i will be sending tomorrow... so i guess my interview has time...

Oh...I haven't received anything yet. they received my applications on october 20th.

Hey u r from india,right? u mentioned in one thread, from which college did u finish ur pharmacy?

Last edited:
i knew what the one-letter envelopes mean when i see them. I thought I try my luck at MCPHS. but, i didn't think i had much of a chance.

Congrats on those who interviewed! you guys deserve it. :)

I GOT IN ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
YAY ! ! ! !
I interviewed on Nov.17th, I received acceptance letter in postal mail today.
I am really excited.
Good Luck Everyone !

hi all,
I applied to MCPHS, and i can't find any requirement for supplemental form. Please help. Thanks a lot.

Hey guys. How long does the MCPHS supp essay have to be?

Seems to me that they didn't even look at my updated application... Waitlisted.

My, Why MCP essay was a page and half long ! ! !

Is that for the first question only...why we chose to attend their program? (there are 4 or 5 questions on the supp application). .

My, Why MCP essay was a page and half long ! ! !

Is that for the first question only...why we chose to attend their program? (there are 4 or 5 questions on the supp application)

It was a page and half for the whole question !
Good Luck !

Hi everyone, I just got a interview letter and i'm from california. so if anyone can give me advice on what flights are cheaper and what airport will be closer and better, any traveling info. will be very helpful.

Hi everyone, I just got a interview letter and i'm from california. so if anyone can give me advice on what flights are cheaper and what airport will be closer and better, any traveling info. will be very helpful.

I think the providence airport would be cheaper and the same distance as the boston airport from worcester.

Can we have ur stat please?

Hi, do you mind to share your stat and when you submitted your application? I am so nervous now, did not hear anything from this school

Hi people,

I applied in August, and received a letter in October saying that my application has been reviewed but a final decision will be made upon receipt of Fall grades. I did not receive a blue packet along with this like so many others have. Only received a letter with a copy of prerequisites.

Has anybody received a similar letter along with the "Blue packet" or am I hearing rumors?

Is anybody in the same boat as me?

Hi people,

I applied in August, and received a letter in October saying that my application has been reviewed but a final decision will be made upon receipt of Fall grades. I did not receive a blue packet along with this like so many others have. Only received a letter with a copy of prerequisites.

Has anybody received a similar letter along with the "Blue packet" or am I hearing rumors?

Is anybody in the same boat as me?

The blue packet is the acceptance packet. This letter is all you will get until you submit your Fall grades. Then they will send you another letter saying they got your grades and are under review.

I sent my supplemental off at the end of September and still haven't heard anything yet. I live in Arizona and I heard that it has been a little slow. Should I call them? I have already e-mailed them.

I was rejected BUT got accepted into UACP........:thumbup:

I sent my supplemental off at the end of September and still haven't heard anything yet. I live in Arizona and I heard that it has been a little slow. Should I call them? I have already e-mailed them.

Hey i would advice you to call them asking the status of the application. I talked to admission committee when I was there for the interview. They received over 2000+ application for Fall 2009. Also, they got this new computer based system where they store all the application information on a computer and the admission committee seemed to have a bit of hard time with it.
Also, MCPHS is opening a brand new building for Fall 2009, they are expecting to take in additional 40 students .Total of 200 students.
Good luck everyone !

I was rejected BUT got accepted into UACP........:thumbup:

Hi, if you don't mind me asking, how was the interview process at MCPHS, was the writing sample on pharmacy questions or general stuff?

Do you know how many people got accepted so far?

Hey i would advice you to call them asking the status of the application. I talked to admission committee when I was there for the interview. They received over 2000+ application for Fall 2009. Also, they got this new computer based system where they store all the application information on a computer and the admission committee seemed to have a bit of hard time with it.
Also, MCPHS is opening a brand new building for Fall 2009, they are expecting to take in additional 40 students .Total of 200 students.
Good luck everyone !

Wow I didnt know they were opening up a new building? Will it be right next door to the others? Also is the building strictly for pharmacy??

Good luck everyone !

Wow I didnt know they were opening up a new building? Will it be right next door to the others? Also is the building strictly for pharmacy??

Yup, its the building right next to 19 Foster Street. The professor who interviewed me actually took me on a tour to the new building. The new building is strictly for Pharmacy students.
I had a great time at my interview. The interview( more like a normal conversation) lasted 2 hours and 30 minutes.
Good Luck everyone !!!!!!!!

Do you know how many people got accepted so far?

Hey, I don't think there's a way to find that out. If you have not apply already I would strongly encourage to apply as soon as possible.
Good Luck !

yaaah well Im excited about the new building!

Hey friends,

I am new to Worcester campus, I have an interview on Dec 8th please if anyone can help me how to reach there from Boston.
Is there any public transport service?

Hey friends,

I am new to Worcester campus, I have an interview on Dec 8th please if anyone can help me how to reach there from Boston.
Is there any public transport service?

From Boston's Airport
*Ride the Silver Line Bus to South Station
*From South Station take the commuter rail to Worcester

If you go to Mass public transportation website, it will show you exactly what to do. All you have to have is your starting destination and final destination

Good Luck on your interview :)