McGill Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
its a no for me :(

Members don't see this ad.

Well, it seems like I'm in the same boat as the rest of you - still "Ready for Review" for PT. This is rough...

Any news since last week?

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, it seems like I'm in the same boat as the rest of you - still "Ready for Review" for PT. This is rough...

Any news since last week?

I just got an acceptance to the OT program via email! My minerva has yet to be updated, and the letter says it may take a few days to do so.

Good luck!

Yeah it seems like their only method of communication is through email. Neither Beartracks nor Minerva has been updated for me. And I still haven't got an answer from U of A.

tofulove,
I'm from Toronto and I think I took enough french courses to say that I speak it, even though I'm not fluent.

I still haven't heard anything from McGill PT... just sitting here waiting.

tofulove, I'm sorry :(

TheSwan - Congrats!! Good luck with everything!

Mariposita - still waiting as well for McGill PT info. This is getting ridiculous! I'll keep my fingers cross for the both of us!

Pooks, I'll do the same. Well it looks like it was yet another week with no news... I really really hope next week we hear something :eek:. It's just too much waiting!

I am waiting for the PT result from Mcgill as well...
I was told in the interview that they would accept 20 people in total for the qualifying year this year, and I had no courage to ask how many people applied this year...
They are supposed to let us know by the end of the May (which is today) or the beginning of June.

Anyone hear back yet after the interview? It seems to be an endless waiting
:xf:Good luck to everyone and hang in there...

I am waiting for the PT result from Mcgill as well...
I was told in the interview that they would accept 20 people in total for the qualifying year this year, and I had no courage to ask how many people applied this year...
They are supposed to let us know by the end of the May (which is today) or the beginning of June.

Anyone hear back yet after the interview? It seems to be an endless waiting
:xf:Good luck to everyone and hang in there...

When did you have your interview? I spoke with the woman who does the administration early last week, and she said they had only just started the PT interviews. She also said that they were still reviewing applicants...maybe this was a ploy to just get me off the phone! haha Oh dear...this makes me quite nervous.

Congrats on getting the interview. Good luck to you, and do let us know if you hear anything. :)

Hey Pooks,

I had my interview on May 17th. (Exactly 2 weeks ago)

I am an international student in Canada. Are you from the US? Maybe people in Canada got interviewed earlier?

I just called the number listed on the website, and was told that the result would be updated via Minerva once they heard anything from the admission office.

Although they say no emails will be sent but check the Minerva, I think it would be safe to check both daily.

Hope this helps!

Members don't see this ad :)
No news for me...I wish we would have a defined date to check the result!
It felt so strange when packing my stuff without knowing where I will be heading...

Ugh. I know how you feel. At least the Ontario schools were very clear about their dates and deadlines. I guess McGill can get away with it because, well, they ARE McGill after all. They'll certainly never have a shortage of excellent applicants no matter how long they make people wait. Anyway, fingers crossed that we wont be left in the dark for much longer! :xf:

hey guys, just got a "no" from mcgill today... good luck!

Sorry Princess :(
Pooks,
I still haven't heard anything. i did email them and they told me that they would update my page if it was a no... way to give me news.. and that that meant admissions was still out on it.
But I'm thinking that they are waiting to decide on what to do with the pple they already interviewed.. and also to hear back on admission offers from those people and we are probably on a "wait list" type of thing. I really can't believe yet another week has gone by.

Sorry Princess :(
Pooks,
I still haven't heard anything. i did email them and they told me that they would update my page if it was a no... way to give me news.. and that that meant admissions was still out on it.
But I'm thinking that they are waiting to decide on what to do with the pple they already interviewed.. and also to hear back on admission offers from those people and we are probably on a "wait list" type of thing. I really can't believe yet another week has gone by.

You gotta love how it goes straight to voicemail if you call now. The admissions lady must have been going bonkers with people calling to inquire about their application status.

I was actually thinking the exact same thing with the wait list idea. I know for a fact that many people we already rejected a couple weeks ago or so. It's just frustrating that they wouldn't give us some sort of clue as to why they are keeping us around. Not much we can do, I guess. Are you in Montreal, or would you have to travel if they asked you to come in for an interview?

Princess - sorry to hear that. Hope you had good luck with your other applications.

No, I'm in NYC - would have to fly in...

You gotta love how it goes straight to voicemail if you call now. The admissions lady must have been going bonkers with people calling to inquire about their application status.

I was actually thinking the exact same thing with the wait list idea. I know for a fact that many people we already rejected a couple weeks ago or so. It's just frustrating that they wouldn't give us some sort of clue as to why they are keeping us around. Not much we can do, I guess. Are you in Montreal, or would you have to travel if they asked you to come in for an interview?

Princess - sorry to hear that. Hope you had good luck with your other applications.

Hi I'm new to this. I also applied to McGill got my interviews but I have yet to receive an answer! I wonder why we still don't know?

Hi I'm new to this. I also applied to McGill got my interviews but I have yet to receive an answer! I wonder why we still don't know?

This is strange to me, OT and PT interviewed the same week, and I got my offer on May 25th!!

Perhaps they are doing a waitlist or 2nd round, but not notifying you that you are on it?? I'd call and ask, I mean, other schools already required an answer back, so you have reason to say that you need to know in order to make an informed decision.

Good luck, and hopefully I'll see you in the fall!

Well I finally got my answer. As I suspected already it was a no. Way to make me wait forever for that one. Jeez I feel used...

Well I finally got my answer. As I suspected already it was a no. Way to make me wait forever for that one. Jeez I feel used...

I'm really sorry to hear that. I cannot believe it has taken this long. My status is still the same, but I can only assume that I'll be hearing back by the end of the week.

I wish you all the best!

Hi Guys,

I got accepted to OT!! I am just waiting to hear from PT, but I would be equally happy with either choice :) Good luck to the rest of you! Don't worry and think you didn't get in because it is all a matter of time! My friend got her answer 2 weeks ago for PT while I was waiting around worried. Just be patient (I know its tough) ;)

PS. The Swan i'll be seeing you in the fall!
Mariposita all the best in your endeavors and don't give up!

Last edited:
Does anyone have any news since the most recent post?

Well, it's a no. What a surprise...

Good luck to the rest of you!

Hello,
Anyone heard a positive result from Mcgill PT?
I am still waiting for the admission decision.

Has anyone been recently accepted to McGill University in either the OT or the PT masters program.
Just wondering have been waitlisted and was wondering if anyone was in the same position.

Hey all,

I am thinking about applying again to McGill PT for next year. For anyone who got accepted this year please share what was your GPA?

anyone else thinking of trying again??

Has anyone been recently accepted to McGill University in either the OT or the PT masters program.
Just wondering have been waitlisted and was wondering if anyone was in the same position.

I've been waitlisted for PT since the end of June. I have no idea how long it will take to get an update. Fingers crossed to both of us!

would love to get some tips from you all regarding applying to the QY to Mcgill!! if any one has done a PT interview could pls share the interview questions? also personal statement tips?

any chance you can share with me your Interview questions? also did u write a personal statement?whatwas your GPA...sorry asking too many Q's

Hey Everyone!
I just completed my application to McGill's Professional Masters in Physical Therapy program and was wondering if anyone knew of the credentials needed to at least get an interview??

Here are mine:
Bsc in Exercise Science, Concordia University - cGPA: 3.22 (on 4.3 scale)
Msc in Physiology, McGill University - cGPA: 3.26 (on 4.0 scale)
Experience: 4 years + as a rehab fitness advisor
Very little volunteer work done.
Scolarship for first year of Msc. in physiology.

WHat do you think my chances are of getting an interview for the qualifying year??

Please post your history and GPA as well...

MDF

Hi MDF and other members,
I also applied for McGill's Professional Masters in Physical Therapy program (Qualifying Year) and would be interested to hear about the credentials needed for an interview.

I know they just started to review the applications (March 15th), but does anyone know when they will start inviting for an interview?

MDF, did you applied for other universities? I applied for McMaster as well and waiting to hear from them.

thanks,

Hey Patora,

I got an invite to MAC OT but not PT;/ No news yet from McGill.

HI whatittakes,
Thanks for the reply and sorry to hear about MAC PT. A friend of mine got a same result as you, MAC OT, but not PT. I haven't heard anything from Mac (interview invite or bad news), but hoping to hear from them soon (I am in the group of out of providence/country, so the processing time might a different as other from Ontario).
If you had a choice, would you choose MAC or McGill PT?

Thannks and Good luck to both of us!

Hey guys,

This is my second year applying for the OT prof. masters program. Last year I had an interview mid-May and only got an answer end of June- brutal!

As for interview credentials, it all depends on the year (number of applicants and the strength of each person's application). I applied and didn't have the minimum GPA, but had other perks like volunteer work and relevant work experience so I'm guessing it's a combination that gets them to interview people.

Any of you hear back from McGill for an interview or even a response for admission? I hope they don't take as long as last year...

Any feedback would be awesome and good luck to you all! :xf:

hey guys,

this is my second year applying for the ot prof. Masters program. Last year i had an interview mid-may and only got an answer end of june- brutal!

As for interview credentials, it all depends on the year (number of applicants and the strength of each person's application). I applied and didn't have the minimum gpa, but had other perks like volunteer work and relevant work experience so i'm guessing it's a combination that gets them to interview people.

Any of you hear back from mcgill for an interview or even a response for admission? I hope they don't take as long as last year...

Any feedback would be awesome and good luck to you all! :xf:

Hey Pennypasta,

This is also my second time applying to McGill, but I'm going for PT. I have an interview with them on Tuesday! I wasn't invited last year, so I'm pretty pumped, but also extremely nervous. I also had to wait until the end of June last year to find out that they weren't even inviting me in for an interview - it was brtual!! Have you heard anything from them this year?

If you don't mind me asking, what was the interview process like for you last year? Is it mainly a "get to know you" type of interview, or do they give you ethical scenarios, etc. and ask you to discuss your thoughts? I would appreciate any advice you may have to offer. :)

I also have an interview at McMaster this Saturday. Did you apply there as well? I just want this whole thing to be over and done with. Also waiting to hear back from Western and Queens...

Anyway, good luck and I hope to hear from you! :)

Hey pooks,

McGill is the only school I applied to- did an undergrad in Cell bio and was not interested in doing another BSc in OT and THEN a masters, and really don't want to leave my city- Montreal is too amazing!

The interview is short- about 15 min. I was surprised, but it's very 'job interview' like. I don't really remember all the questions but things like 'why did you want to go into PT/OT', describing your qualities, talk about job experience, they ask if you can speak French, etc. It was quite general (which was surprising), nothing about ethical situations.

Good luck with your interview, I called the department today- apparrently they are sending out emails for interviews today/tomorrow. REALLY hoping to hear something soon.

Hey Pennypasta,

Sorry for the delay. Had my McMaster interview this morning. What can I say...? It wasn't terrible, but it certainly wasn't a triumph! hah! I'm just glad that it's over and done with. Thanks for the info re McGill interview questions. They have me scheduled to be there for an hour and a half, and apparently there are two interviews this year, with a short break in between...? I guess they must be changing things up a bit.

I completely understand how you feel about wanting to stay in Montreal. I've lived there for almost 6 years now, and it's hard to imagine being anywhere else. But honestly, I'll go wherever I have to in order to become a PT...I do hope it's McGill though.

So did you hear from the department? I have my fingers crossed for you. The waiting is agony! Anyway, hope you got some good news! Ciao for now! :)

Hey Pooks,

Where did you hear about the 2 interviews? I'm applying this year too and just noticed that my interview is scheduled for an hour. I'm a little freaked out having read through this thread before and expecting a short 15-20 min interview. Do you think it's going to be a different format? I also didn't have a lot of time to prepare - just got the invitation last Thursday. Thanks and good luck to you!

Hey Pennypasta,

Sorry for the delay. Had my McMaster interview this morning. What can I say...? It wasn't terrible, but it certainly wasn't a triumph! hah! I'm just glad that it's over and done with. Thanks for the info re McGill interview questions. They have me scheduled to be there for an hour and a half, and apparently there are two interviews this year, with a short break in between...? I guess they must be changing things up a bit.

I completely understand how you feel about wanting to stay in Montreal. I've lived there for almost 6 years now, and it's hard to imagine being anywhere else. But honestly, I'll go wherever I have to in order to become a PT...I do hope it's McGill though.

So did you hear from the department? I have my fingers crossed for you. The waiting is agony! Anyway, hope you got some good news! Ciao for now! :)

An hour and a half! Wow. Very different from last year. And you think there are 2 interviews (maybe with 2 different groups of people?)...
Hmmm SilverLining- when id your interview scheduled for? How much heads up are they giving you? I wonder if there will maybe be some practical questions like asking about anatomy and maybe some of those ethical situations you mentioed, Pooks.

Good luck to both of you. And feedback would be cool- I'm still waiting to hear if I even have an interview. Maybe OT is slightly slower than the PT department, who knows...

Anyone else apply to OT, (and hear anything from McGill) or mostly PT applicants?

:confused:

My interview is tomorrow (Tuesday) so I really didn't have a lot of notice (4 days). I hope they don't ask me any anatomy questions because I never took anatomy. Anyway, I guess I'll have to just try and do my best and hope it's enough. I wasn't sure they would even invite me for an interview so I can't complain too much.

I forgot to mention this yesterday but I'm applying for OT as well and I was offered an interview about a week ago and it's scheduled for May 10th. So it's possible that OT are doing their interviews a week after PT and they're still inviting people. I hope you hear something soon PennyPasta! Good luck!

Hey guys!

Just got my Invite to McGills PT interview. for QY

this is the info they gave me:

Please note that you must arrive at least 20 minutes before your scheduled interview time. Also note that you are not required to bring any documentation with you. There will be 2 interview stations of 10 minutes each, with a short break in between. Further information about the interview process will be provided to you upon arrival.

If any one has done the interview would appreciate some feedback please.

i haven't Heard from the OT department.

Al

Hey Penny,

My first choice is PT. How about yours? Any updates on your Interview Penny.

I have only applied to Mcgill so i am hoping my interview goes well.

Al