MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hailey6565

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I am applying this application cycle for pods school and wanted to know what are you guys doing about the MCAT? As I know that it is cancelled but has anyone reached out to the schools on what they are requiring now? or pushing back deadlines?

Members don't see this ad.

I know NYCPM is not requiring MCAT for the rest of this application cycle. I would think all other schools have made this change as well but you should email and ask. Admissions people are always happy to help students.

Reactions: 1 user
I know NYCPM is not requiring MCAT for the rest of this application cycle. I would think all other schools have made this change as well but you should email and ask. Admissions people are always happy to help students.

Whaaattt? Wow that’s news to me and I’m an nycpm student. Should have applied this cycle because I probably would have gotten $$$ based on my gpa and activities alone lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Whaaattt? Wow that’s news to me and I’m an nycpm student. Should have applied this cycle because I probably would have gotten $$$ based on my gpa and activities alone lol
Although not required for admission, it's still considered for those who qualify for merit-based scholarships- from what I heard at least

Although not required for admission, it's still considered for those who qualify for merit-based scholarships- from what I heard at least

Is NYCPM accepting students without an MCAT score? :pika:

Or they said that you can get interviewed and all but still need a score before classes begin?

Is NYCPM accepting students without an MCAT score?
Yes, MCAT is not needed at all but still recommends you take it if you can (not sure that will be possible). This is because MCAT exams being canceled

Is NYCPM accepting students without an MCAT score? :pika:

Or they said that you can get interviewed and all but still need a score before classes begin?

I have applied to podiatry school and been accepted without a score. Since I had called and talked to admissions, schools such as Temple , Kent and NYCPM are waiving. The policies for that are evolving as test get cancelled but if you don’t have a score still apply. They’ll ask in your interview you just have to be honest and from my experience it was met with understanding

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
I have applied to podiatry school and been accepted without a score. Since I had called and talked to admissions, schools such as Temple , Kent and NYCPM are waiving. The policies for that are evolving as test get cancelled but if you don’t have a score still apply. They’ll ask in your interview you just have to be honest and from my experience it was met with understanding
Unbelievable, imagine MD/DO schools start doing this.

Unbelievable, imagine MD/DO schools start doing this.
They are as well. The MD/DO cycle will
open for 2020-2021 soon and candidates are being encouraged to apply without their MCAT score. Do schools said they’ll look at all the other merit and extend an invite for interviews and may even admit. May MCAT with the exception of May 29th have all be cancelled

• Wow
They are as well. The MD/DO cycle will
open for 2020-2021 soon and candidates are being encouraged to apply without their MCAT score. Do schools said they’ll look at all the other merit and extend an invite for interviews and may even admit. May MCAT with the exception of May 29th have all be cancelled
Review maybe, but I can't see people being admitted without MCAT score.

I doubt they will but even review without a MCAT for MD/DO is huge
Schools can say that all they want, but I highly doubt any interview invites will be extended to applicants without MCAT scores. They might give out secondaries without pre-screening you, but that will be it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess we just have to wait and see. I agree on the secondaries part and screening. Everything else is still up in the air. I’m just grateful DPMs have been understanding and accommodating based off everything that has happened.

when does the application cycle end? Because i was scheduled to take the mcat this month but cant. I have everything else ready. NYCPM is my top choice.
science gpa 3.1
overal gpa 3.2

when does the application cycle end? Because i was scheduled to take the mcat this month but cant. I have everything else ready. NYCPM is my top choice.
science gpa 3.1
overal gpa 3.2

June 30th. If you submitted your app, then email NYCPM, they might be waiving the MCAT requirement.

Has anyone actually been accepted and told not to worry about the MCAT? Just because the schools are saying it doesn’t mean it’s actually happening, so want to ask. I’ve interviewed and was told I would have a “final answer” in about a week. My MCAT is 5/29 but I don’t see how it won’t get canceled because we are actively having outbreaks in my area.

Hi! Does anyone have any advice how to email schools and tell them you’re going to attend another?

Hi! Does anyone have any advice how to email schools and tell them you’re going to attend another?
Tell them it wasn’t meant to be, it wasn't them, it was all you and that your heart lies with another woman school, that you wish them the best and they will undoubtedly find someone better than you. Also man up and call them, they deserve to hear directly from you, not via email.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Thank them for the opportunity, express your gratitude for the acceptance, explain you are going somewhere else, and you're wishing them well.

I'd email and call them. Do it early so the seat can go to another student.

Thank them for the opportunity, express your gratitude for the acceptance, explain you are going somewhere else, and you're wishing them well.

I'd email and call them. Do it early so the seat can go to another student.
The school is closed to phone I tried calling.