MCAT Retake and Reapplicant

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
I am currently set to retake the MCAT on June 18th. I originally took it in July of 2018 and got a 513 (cGPA was 3.61, BCPM GPA was 3.47). I did not receive any acceptances in the two years that I applied and am attempting to apply again. However, I am not sure how I should go about submitting my application. A few schools on my list (such as Medical College of Wisconsin, and University of Arizona-Tuscon) do not accept Mcat scores prior to Jan 1st 2019, however other schools (such as University of Wisconsin School of Medicine) accept Mcat scores taken after Jan 1st 2018.

Should I state that I have an upcoming Mcat score that will then delay my application from being reviewed until July 18th for the schools that would still take my old score? Or do I not state that I have an upcoming Mcat to be more competitive with the schools that would take my old score? I'm at a loss on what to do here.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

You can mention it on your application but schools are under no obligation to wait for your new score. So it will work for schools requiring a score in/after2019. They’ll know a more current score is coming. And for the other schools they’ll either wait or they won’t.

Reactions: 1 users
You can mention it on your application but schools are under no obligation to wait for your new score. So it will work for schools requiring a score in/after2019. They’ll know a more current score is coming. And for the other schools they’ll either wait or they won’t.
Thanks for the advice! That makes sense, I know some schools state that they will wait to review until the new score is released if you indicate there is a future test score on the AMCAS application.

I'm thinking that I just spend some time away from studying and re-write my personal statement to get my application ready to be submitted in the first cycle on June 25th.

You could also send an update with your new MCAT score once you get it.

Kevin W, MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors