MCAT practice tests are 499, 506, 505, and 504. MCAT in 1 week. Help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

decentlydope

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been studying for 4 months and have recently started doing practice tests. The first one was with TPR and the ones that followed were from NS. I keep trying to work on my weaknesses (research based articles and CARS) but have seen virtually no improvement. I used the Kaplan books for content review (which I'm now finding out is a very bad review series).

Would I do better on test day? Should I still take it? I've just never felt this low before (emotionally and physically drained).

Members don't see this ad.

From your post, it looks like you haven't taken any AAMC practice tests. At this point, you should be focusing on AAMC materials. I suggest using this last week to take AAMC FL1 and 2. Those are the best predictor of your performance. Also, make sure to review those as carefully as possible. If time permits, you should also go through the section banks. Those represent the toughest passages you will encounter on test day so do them if you can. So, if I were you, I would make sure I do AAMC FL 1 and 2 and the section banks before my test day.

I've been studying for 4 months and have recently started doing practice tests. The first one was with TPR and the ones that followed were from NS. I keep trying to work on my weaknesses (research based articles and CARS) but have seen virtually no improvement. I used the Kaplan books for content review (which I'm now finding out is a very bad review series).

Would I do better on test day? Should I still take it? I've just never felt this low before (emotionally and physically drained).
Don't rely on 3rd party full lengths. Take an AAMC full length ASAP. If you aren't within 2 points of your target, then void the exam next week.