MCAT/gpa and acceptances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sendwich

you rock!
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know there are various threads with specific schools and peoples' scores, but I thought it'd be nice to have a thread with just our stats and acceptances.

And this is not to disregard the rest of the app (ie extracur). That's important too just want to have a thread for # and acceptances.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

gh said:
I know there are various threads with specific schools and peoples' scores, but I thought it'd be nice to have a thread with just our stats and acceptances.

And this is not to disregard the rest of the app (ie extracur). That's important too just want to have a thread for # and acceptances.

Thanks

Will do, and a great idea i think.

31 MCAT
2.68 cum GPA
3.95 post-bac (39 credits)

Accepted at Georgetown, Drexel.
Waitlisted at EVMS
Waiting for RFU

Tooth

Is this for people entering postbacc/SMPs or for people entering medical school from those programs?

Members don't see this ad :)
Singing Devil said:
Is this for people entering postbacc/SMPs or for people entering medical school from those programs?

both! (if you have the stats)

gpa : 3.2
mcat: 24 the first time, 27 the second time (do you think it'd improve if i took a prep class, would it be worth it?)

smp acceptances: BU and UMDNJ
rejected: nymc (although my transcripts got lost in the mail twice so i imagine that had something to do with it)

this may not be what youre looking for (since i dont have med school admit/reject stats for myself)

3.2 cumulative undergrad (neurobio major)
3.0 science (and 2.8 BCPM)
33Q mcat (taken april '04)

admitted to anatomy program of study at medical college of virginia (VCU) (post-bacc for one year, rollover to masters in second year)

your confusion is likely in order

it may be an esoteric approach which myself and my premed cohorts used:
because i was a neurobiology major, i obviously had other science classes well-beyond BCPM; we always differentiated our "science" gpa (also indicated as a "major" gpa) from bcpm and overall

the administration was sometimes interested in the 'major' gpa/ 'science' gpa at my undergrad inst

im so used to that distinction that i failed to realize that many operate only on bcpm and overall

Undergrad overall (Biology Major) GPA: 3.2
MCAT: 27

Accepted to Tulane Cell and Molecular Biology Program (1 year Masters program). Plan to apply in 2006 for the 2007 medical school class. I am prepared to work my butt off to accomplish the goal of getting into a U.S. Allopathic School. Great thread!