may 2006 EE Preperation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sonibun

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
please solve the following question

1. which of the following are clinical sign of gingivitis
a)losss of stippling
b)gingival hyperplasia
c)bleeding on probing
d) increased probing depth

A)1,2,3
B)1 and 2
C)2 and 4
D)4 only
E) all the above

Members don't see this ad.

innervation of foliate papilla??
1-CN 7
2.-CN-9
3-both cn 7 anterior and cn9 posterios
4none of above

Members don't see this ad :)
1-CN 7
2.-CN-9
4none of above
answer 1 via chorda tympani,I believe

It's been brought to our attention that the questions being discussed here have all been released by the ACFD, and are therefore unrestricted. Apologies for the temporary deletion, and any inconvenience it caused.

Thanks Aphisitis :)

aphistis said:
It's been brought to our attention that the questions being discussed here have all been released by the ACFD, and are therefore unrestricted. Apologies for the temporary deletion, and any inconvenience it caused.

sonibun said:
1-CN 7
2.-CN-9
4none of above

i think the ans should be CN 9...coz Foliate papillae are situated on the edge of the tongue slightly anterior of the circumvallate line so both foliate and circumvallate papilla shd be by CN 9....

sonibun said:
which is better lab inlay resin or direct composite resin?????????

i think lab inlay resin are better than direct composite resins coz they would be more completely polymerized and better finished i think.

Hi
One of the biggest drawbacks of composites and major reason of failure is polymerisation shrinkage. With inlays it is reduced and hence the success rate goes up.

i have few questions to ask i hope no one has any objection\

1 action parasym-salivary gland?increses sec what is type of secretion-seous ,mucous
'' sympathetic '' ? decreeass sec what is type of secretion

collimation which is better
rectangular or round

worst prog SCC -lat tongue???? or floor of mouth
best-lower lip

Members don't see this ad :)
baap of acfd said:
6 Coronoid process superimposition is usually seen on third molar area,it can be sometimes seen on second molar area,to prevent this take radiograph with mouth minimally open
7 masseter
8 acute bacterial sialadenitis

In humans, the most powerful masticatory muscle is the M. temporalis, followed by the M. massater, as in apes and carnivores.

sonibun said:
What Is Median And Mode Of

Median is the middle number in a series after rearranging all the numbers from the smallest to the largest. If you have an odd number of numbers in a series, eg. 7 in total, then the middle one is the 4th one. However, in this case there are 12. So you take the middle two and get the average of them. So in this case, the middle numbers are 2 and 2, whose average is 2.

Mode is the number in a series which gets repeated the most. In this case, it's 1.

Hi,
action parasym-salivary gland?increses sec what is type of secretion-seous ,mucous
Parasympathetic stimulation increases watery(serous) secretion
Sympathetic increases more viscous and thick saliva.

rectangular or round
It,s rectangular

worst prog SCC -lat tongue???? or floor of mouth It,s floor of the mouth.
best-lower lip

best-lower lip[/QUOTE]

i think the posterior lateral border of tongue has the worst prognosis........coz scc at the posterior lateral border of tongue lesion goes undetected for a long period of time and hence is often detected quite late and by that time metastasis has also taken place.

Can u plz discuss the treatment of ANUG
Hyperparathyroidism
herpes with doses of medicine

thanks alot dear!
nkhalid said:
Hi,
action parasym-salivary gland?increses sec what is type of secretion-seous ,mucous
Parasympathetic stimulation increases watery(serous) secretion
Sympathetic increases more viscous and thick saliva.

rectangular or round
It,s rectangular

best-lower lip

INCREASES as you salivate more while eating/durinng meal times

sonibun said:
size of ranula increases or decreases during meals time??????

RECTANGULAR collimationis better as you reduce scatter - which is harmfult o patient.

FLOOR OF MOUTH SCC is worse than lateral border of tongue.

rectangular or round

worst prog SCC -lat tongue???? or floor of mouth
best-lower lip[/QUOTE]

In the 2004 dental decks:
Which of the following statements are TRUE?
A) HIV is the most infectious target of Standard (Universal) Blood Precautions.
B) Hep B Virus is the most infectious target of Standard (Universal) Blood Precautions.

I thought the answer is (B) but decks say it is (A) :eek:
In order to sterilise, we make sure that all traces of HBV are eliminated and by inference the less potent viruses like HIV are also eliminated.
Please help?

CALALILY said:
In the 2004 dental decks:
Which of the following statements are TRUE?
A) HIV is the most infectious target of Standard (Universal) Blood Precautions.
B) Hep B Virus is the most infectious target of Standard (Universal) Blood Precautions.

I thought the answer is (B) but decks say it is (A) :eek:
In order to sterilise, we make sure that all traces of HBV are eliminated and by inference the less potent viruses like HIV are also eliminated.
Please help?
i think it should be HEPt B

1.least effective dose is
18 iopa or lateral ceph

2. heamagioma
1 is a metastatic lesion
2. never occurs on bone
3 cystic radiolucency

3.does pericoronitis lead to osteomelitis

Yes pericoronitis can lead to osteomyelitis - chronic osteomyelitis.

sonibun said:
18 iopa or lateral ceph

2. heamagioma
1 is a metastatic lesion
2. never occurs on bone
3 cystic radiolucency

3.does pericoronitis lead to osteomelitis

Which type of caries is easiest to detect visually, (a) interproximal caries, (b) smooth surface non-interproximal caries, or (c) pit and fissure caries?

which of the following injuries to the teeth MOST often
result in pulpal necrosis
a. avulsion b. concussion c. lateral luxation
d. intrusive luxation e. extrusive luxation
Please confirm the answer with some reference if possible.
Thanks

Hi
For porcelain veeners composite cements as any other cement u use especially opaque cements will show thru the veener. Also in case of any shade discrepancy u can modify with a lighter or darker composite shade.

For the second part did you mean porcelain jacke t crown and I understand it is the same coz you may be able to mask some reflection of the underlying tooth colour but the above still stands true. So the best cement is composite.

I hope this helps

sonibun said:
cement of choice for
1 porcelain veneer
2. pjc

which of the following is LEAST ANS WHICH IS BEST useful in endo diagnosis of children a. percussion b. palpation c. electric test d. thermal test

3.in restoring a canine protected occlusion, with anterior overbite of about 2 mm. the buccal cusps of posterior teeth should be flat, because they will guide the protrusion
a. both are true
b. only the second statement is true
c. both are false
d. only the first statement is true

and explain too

ACCORDING TO ME BOTH ARE FALSE because they are not interrelated atleast in the context of what they are mentioning.
Another thing even if they are flat pane they will not be guiding the occlusion coq when u think about it in canine protected occlusion all posterior teeth disocclude and the only only the anterior teeth are in contact and there are no contacts in guiding and non guiding movements of posterior teeth . So the entire situation doesnot make sense. Flat or cusped teeth dont make a difference as long as there r no interferences.

sonibun said:
3.in restoring a canine protected occlusion, with anterior overbite of about 2 mm. the buccal cusps of posterior teeth should be flat, because they will guide the protrusion
a. both are true
b. only the second statement is true
c. both are false
d. only the first statement is true

and explain too

18 iopa or lateral ceph

2. heamagioma
1 is a metastatic lesion
2. never occurs on bone
3 cystic radiolucency

what is the primary function of peridontal ligament ?????????
Which type of caries is easiest to detect visually, (a) interproximal caries, (b) smooth surface non-interproximal caries, or (c) pit and fissure caries?

12. excretion of acidic drugs will be accelerated if
a. Na Bicar
b. NaCl
c. HCl

main blood supply of gingiva ??????

18 iopa or lateral ceph

2. heamagioma
1 is a metastatic lesion
2. never occurs on bone
3 cystic radiolucency

what is the primary function of peridontal ligament ?????????

12. excretion of acidic drugs will be accelerated if
a. Na Bicar
b. NaCl
c. HCl

which of the following is LEAST ANS WHICH IS BEST useful in endo diagnosis of children a. percussion b. palpation c. electric test d. thermal test

main blood supply of gingiva ??????

I think it is (B) as they can be easily seen, are not in pits and fissures all you need is a good light source and clean dry tooth.

sonibun said:

WORST - Electric pulp testing is not good as the apex is not closed and hence this method is unreliable with children.
BEST - The best is thermal test (I THINK) as a chiled can differentiate between hot and cold stimuli

sonibun said:

sonibun said:
I think c
whistling due to narrowing in premolar area
lisping if premolar broad

Why not option A??? If horz. overlap is too little air has no place to escape to whistle?

congrats to you !...good for u !

did u get the call with 80% or after the new score?

can u pls advise me whether i shud give the exam this sep or next may with full prep. ...given that i hav to start preparing yet and i need to go thru theory as well ...i want to give my best in one shot..!how much prep time u think will suffice?
and if i give this sep can i apply to get admission next yr?
thanks a lotttttttt....wishing u all the best in future.

inquest said:
congrats to you !...good for u !

did u get the call with 80% or after the new score?

can u pls advise me whether i shud give the exam this sep or next may with full prep. ...given that i hav to start preparing yet and i need to go thru theory as well ...i want to give my best in one shot..!how much prep time u think will suffice?
and if i give this sep can i apply to get admission next yr?
thanks a lotttttttt....wishing u all the best in future.

this was for cooldude

. antibiotics help to reduce pockets by a. resection b. shrinkage
c. reattachment d. regeneration

there is a root fracture in the middle third of the root in an
11 year old patient. The tooth is mobile and vital. What will you
do a. extract b. pulpectomy c. splint and observe d. do nothing

which muscles that affect the lingual border of a mandibular
CD a. mylohyoid, genioglossus, omohyoid, middle constrictor b.
mylohyoid, genioglossus, superior constrictor c. mylohyoid,
genioglossus, superior constrictor, palatoglossus

118. which surface of mandibular first primary molar requires least reduction for a stainless steel crown a. occlusal b. buccal c.
lingual d. proximal

27. Which of the following procedures must be done to ensure acceptable mercury hygiene in a dental office? A. Use of high volume evacuation when working with amalgam. B. Use of air spray when condensing, polishing or removing amalgam. C. Storage of amalgam scrap in a dry container with a lid.
D. A quarterly mercury assessment for office personnel.

. 29. After setting, alginate impressions A. imbibe water. B. remain dimensionally stable for 12 hours. C. have higher tear strength than polyvinylsiloxane impressions. D. can be poured twice with little effect on accuracy of the resulting cast.

sonibun said:
. antibiotics help to reduce pockets by a. resection b. shrinkage
c. reattachment d. regeneration
REATTACHMENT
there is a root fracture in the middle third of the root in an
11 year old patient. The tooth is mobile and vital. What will you
do a. extract b. pulpectomy c. splint and observe d. do nothing
SPLINT AND OBSERVE

which muscles that affect the lingual border of a mandibular
CD a. mylohyoid, genioglossus, omohyoid, middle constrictor b.
mylohyoid, genioglossus, superior constrictor c. mylohyoid,
genioglossus, superior constrictor, palatoglossus
C:

118. which surface of mandibular first primary molar requires least reduction for a stainless steel crown a. occlusal b. buccal c.
lingual d. proximal
It,s Lingual

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

27. Which of the following procedures must be done to ensure acceptable mercury hygiene in a dental office? A. Use of high volume evacuation when working with amalgam. B. Use of air spray when condensing, polishing or removing amalgam. C. Storage of amalgam scrap in a dry container with a lid.
D. A quarterly mercury assessment for office personnel.
It,s A

. 29. After setting, alginate impressions A. imbibe water. B. remain dimensionally stable for 12 hours. C. have higher tear strength than polyvinylsiloxane impressions. D. can be poured twice with little effect on accuracy of the resulting cast.
A: imbibe water

127. Intermittent painful swelling in the submandibular
region that increases at mealtime is indicative of
A. a ranula.
B. a blockage of Wharton's duct.
C. Ludwig's angina.
D. a blockage of Stensen's duct.
E. an epidemic parotitis.

The most likely cause of tooth loss following a tunneling procedure to provide complete access
for a mandibular Class III furcation involvement is

A. root caries.
B. root sensitivity.
C. pulpal involvement.
D. recurrent pocketing.

With the development of gingivitis, the sulcus
becomes predominantly populated by
A. gram-positive organisms.
B. gram-negative organisms.
C. diplococcal organisms.
D. spirochetes.

82) The addition of platinum to a dental gold alloy results in increased

1. strength
2. hardness
3. melting point
4. resistance to corrosion

A) 1, 2, 3
B) 1 and 3
C) 2 and 4
D) 4 only
E) all of the above

85. If an alginate impression must be stored for a few minutes before the cast is poured, it should be
placed in
A. water.
B. 100% relative humidity.
C. A 1% aqueous calcium sulfate solution.
D. None of the above.