MAVNI for dentists

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bhbringe

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,
I am currently a second year in dental school. I was wondering does anyone know what the deal is with this new MAVNI program? I have been in the US on a student visa for 6 years now and it is the worst living here but now really being able to participate in everything the US has to offer. Is this program even open to dentists? If anyone knows anything lemme know, cause the recruiters don't seem to know what is going on.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey all,
I am currently a second year in dental school. I was wondering does anyone know what the deal is with this new MAVNI program? I have been in the US on a student visa for 6 years now and it is the worst living here but now really being able to participate in everything the US has to offer. Is this program even open to dentists? If anyone knows anything lemme know, cause the recruiters don't seem to know what is going on.

Military Accessions Vital to the National Interest (MAVNI) program has begun. You can apply at https://www.goarmy.com/info/form/GetBrcFormRedirectByUrl.do?url=/info/mavni

However, on the dental side you must already have a DMD/DDS from an accredited US school to apply.

yea i know i wouldn't be able to apply for something like the HSPS, but I was wondering (if the program is still around in 2011) can I sign up and be ready to go right out of dental school as an Army Dentist or would I have to get my diploma first before I can even apply? also I read somewhere that the MAVNI program gives you citizenship after 6 months and at that point you become a dentist, in meantime you are a PFC. If anyone has more info on MAVNI please let me know, right now it seems like nobody really knows what is going on.

yea i know i wouldn't be able to apply for something like the HSPS, but I was wondering (if the program is still around in 2011) can I sign up and be ready to go right out of dental school as an Army Dentist or would I have to get my diploma first before I can even apply? also I read somewhere that the MAVNI program gives you citizenship after 6 months and at that point you become a dentist, in meantime you are a PFC. If anyone has more info on MAVNI please let me know, right now it seems like nobody really knows what is going on.

You come in as an officer just like all other dentists. You cannont apply for the program until you have your degree. I don't know if the program will be around untill 2011. This is a test program, so there are no guarantees they will continue it. Yes it does fast track your citizenship - not sure if there is a definate time limit on how quick that occurs.