Match paranoia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TACSTS

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I hadn't gotten my match number in the mail/via email when I had interviewed at a couple of places. Can sites look me up via name or something? I'm paranoid they won't know how to rank me (assuming they want to). Or this could just be the normal way of doing things and I don't know it, seeing as how this is a new experience for me (and all of us).

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

yes they can look you up by name. Several places that I went mentioned that is how they prefer to do things so they do not type something wrong.

Thanks so much!

I was just wondering, since one site asked me specifically to write down my match #, and a couple others didn't make any mention of it.

I hadn't gotten my match number in the mail/via email when I had interviewed at a couple of places. Can sites look me up via name or something? I'm paranoid they won't know how to rank me (assuming they want to). Or this could just be the normal way of doing things and I don't know it, seeing as how this is a new experience for me (and all of us).

Thanks.

Although rank lists are already being submitted at some institutions, you can always e-mail your match # to program directors as a follow up measure if you're really worried. Otherwise, forget it - they can find you online, the same way you'll find them when you rank.

If you decide to apply for a PGY-2, just remember to sign up for the match early so you can have your match # on your CV or in your letter of intent when you apply... or just go somewhere that has a PGY-2 and save yourself the headache :) You live and learn. Good luck!