Match

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

student457

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know why we need to wait two whole weeks before getting the results of the match when it's a computer algorithm?

Members don't see this ad.

It's so for two weeks the dramatic tension can build and we all can practice checking our emails at the right times :')

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
From what I understand it only takes a couple of hours for the algorithm to run but the rest of the time is spent checking everything related to the results and making sure no mistakes are made. And whatever else they need to do operationally.

Who knows what any of that means. I'm sure your all of our spent PhorCAS dollars are being put to use or filling someone's pockets.

It's a horrible wait, but you all will do great! Good luck! I'm excited to see who will match with my program as I'm sure many others are with their respective programs. Keep your fingers crossed and make sure you still pass your rotations (lol).

I received my match result at 7:45 AM on the official match day. The e-mail typically comes early but can sometimes be delayed. No news is no news, don't jump to any conclusions until you get your official e-mail!

Reactions: 3 users
Any idea why Match Day is on a Tuesday this year? In the past it's been released on Friday. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with APhA Annual since it's Fri-Monday. =/

What is everyone doing to make this week and half go by faster???? Luckily my APPE rotation’s been keeping me busy so that’s good, but I can’t get my mind off this whole match process!!!! Lol.

I know!! I just can't believe that it has all been decided but we can't know yet - drives me nuts!

Match results come during my spring break, so I'll literally just be staring at my screen until the email arrives. These two weeks are going to be brutal. It's only been two days and I'm already so impatient! :p

Never will forget checking my email on match day..... Good luck and may the match be with you!

Reactions: 1 users
If you haven’t booked yourself a nice dinner with friends the night before match day you all are missing out! I invited like 8 people out that were all applying through ASHP along with a couple of friends that had already secured fellowships. It was a great night. I passed out, and by the time I woke, my email had been sent 20 minutes previously.

If you sit at home alone, it will suck trust me! Try to get together with friends in some way even if it’s just crashing someone’s place or inviting guests over. You obviously do not talk about the day ahead. Just drink, eat, gossip, chat about whatever, and be happy for one night.

Reactions: 3 users
If you haven’t booked yourself a nice dinner with friends the night before match day you all are missing out! I invited like 8 people out that were all applying through ASHP along with a couple of friends that had already secured fellowships. It was a great night. I passed out, and by the time I woke, my email had been sent 20 minutes previously.

If you sit at home alone, it will suck trust me! Try to get together with friends in some way even if it’s just crashing someone’s place or inviting guests over. You obviously do not talk about the day ahead. Just drink, eat, gossip, chat about whatever, and be happy for one night.

hahah my fd and I are planing to do it next week!

It truly does suck waiting i'm really trying to keep my mind off of it.

The Match website says results will be available at 12pm Eastern time, but usually we get the emails at 8am Eastern, right? Or are they changing the time this year?

The Match website says results will be available at 12pm Eastern time, but usually we get the emails at 8am Eastern, right? Or are they changing the time this year?

Yup, from last two years that I know, candidates got their results between 7:45 AM CST and 8:30 AM CST. Add one hour for EST. Most of the alerts were before 8:30 AM CST based on when my facebook blew up (although I'm sure e-mails were sent much sooner relative to when people actually posted results). From talking to my residency director, programs are alerted sometime between 8:00 AM CST and 11:00 AM CST. My RPD did mention one year she never received an email until 11:30 AM CST, which was a weird year for her.

The 12pm EST release is the list of programs that are going into the second round of Match.

Match said that emails go out at 7am eastern time and results are posted online at 10 am eastern time, with programs moving on to match II being released at 12pm eastern time, I think