Match Day 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DexterMorganSK

Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
With all the talk about the pandemic, let's take a moment here to Congrualte the current 4th years who will find out tomorrow (3/16) if they matched.

At 11 AM EASTERN, programs and applicants can log on to CASPRweb to view if they Matched.

Congratulations! :clap:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
We find out tomorrow if we match and on the 20th where we match.

Hard to be to excited about it though given the current state of affairs.

Reactions: 1 user
Matched! Some good news I guess despite everything.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody know what programs are in MPII?

I matched. The website was so terrible today we had some classmates who were listed as "not matched" but then the website rebooted and then they were listed as "matched". Crazy stuff

Matched! Some good news I guess despite everything.
I matched. The website was so terrible today we had some classmates who were listed as "not matched" but then the website rebooted and then they were listed as "matched". Crazy stuff

If you guys don't mind, can you tell us (after Friday) how many programs you applied to, ranked and if matched at your #1 spot? Thanks. Hope you are at least able to get a drink/eat something good tonight :) (most likely a take-out :p)

Reactions: 5 users
Good luck everyone. Interested in which programs scrambled

Matched at Mercy Health Regional Medical Center. Great program with great people, so I'm satisfied.

Wow Dekalb has two open spots after the second match period? What happened?

Hard to say. Good programs fail to match for all sorts of reasons. I've heard though that DeKalb isn't a good fit for everyone, so it's possible that some people were scared away. Not sure though.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah some pretty good programs there. And a lot of New York trash.

Medstar going unfilled? Interesting. Congrats everyone! Go out to your favorite bar tonight and get wasted! Oh wait..........

That list is weird to me. So this is post-scramble? ie post the 3-4 rounds?

I've looked at a lot of these lists through the years and just a few thoughts - the list seems larger. The number of adequate programs still unfilled seems higher.

My past memory - after the MP2 the list is usually small. Fewer spots on it. Almost entirely composed of NY. Normally no adequate/decent/good programs left. Good programs go into the scramble, but they usually leave it filled. There's theoretically a process - good programs with links back to certain schools are calling the Dean/Clerkship director saying - who is your "shouldn't have had to scramble/best you got" candidate left so we can talk to them.

Were there fewer graduates?

MP2 is kind of a trainwreck. Best train they could build I suppose. If a program can't get their 1st choice the process becomes super painful with possibly round #2 being a complete waste of time and a lot of phonecalls begging people to wait for us in the next round. Hard to feel bad for programs though when students are in way more danger.

That list is weird to me. So this is post-scramble? ie post the 3-4 rounds?

I've looked at a lot of these lists through the years and just a few thoughts - the list seems larger. The number of adequate programs still unfilled seems higher.

My past memory - after the MP2 the list is usually small. Fewer spots on it. Almost entirely composed of NY. Normally no adequate/decent/good programs left. Good programs go into the scramble, but they usually leave it filled. There's theoretically a process - good programs with links back to certain schools are calling the Dean/Clerkship director saying - who is your "shouldn't have had to scramble/best you got" candidate left so we can talk to them.

Were there fewer graduates?

MP2 is kind of a trainwreck. Best train they could build I suppose. If a program can't get their 1st choice the process becomes super painful with possibly round #2 being a complete waste of time and a lot of phonecalls begging people to wait for us in the next round. Hard to feel bad for programs though when students are in way more danger.

I heard there were something like 80 extra seats this year, so it sounds like a shortage of students.

KSUCPM has a 100% match rate as per the dean.

Medstar going unfilled? Interesting. Congrats everyone! Go out to your favorite bar tonight and get wasted! Oh wait..........
its easy for medstar to go unmatched when they take 78 residents...

Reactions: 2 users
Detroit Medical Center went unmatched? Wasn't that program supposed to be "top tier" in the MI area?

Barry also had 100%

Congrats to all that matched.

I do wonder how the excess unfilled positions will affect future classes. Once upon a time there was a shortage, now there's more spots than students. I noticed eneollmen in some schools have increased though.

As long as we have a graduating class of less than 600 and the number of participating programs around 600..we should be okay in placing everyone. This will be an issue (maybe for the class of 2025) when that new program in Tx participates in the match.

Hopefully, CPME will increase active programs at that time to meet the demand.

Screen Shot 2020-03-21 at 6.06.13 PM.png

Good numbers. Glad things seemed to work out this year.

Congrats to everyone that matched! Scholl had a 100% match rate.

I was fortunate enough to match to my #1 program. Once again congrats to everyone!