This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rnfr

Reaction score
I'm a senior pre-med student who decided to pursue a Masters degree in my first of (hopefully) two gap years due to a less-than-great undergrad GPA. I applied to a bunch of special masters type programs that are aimed at pre-med students. I've heard back from most of the schools and am trying to decide between following programs - Georgetown SMP, Brown Gateway to Medical Sciences, Boston University Masters in Medical Sciences, Masters Tulane SoM Masters in Biochem, Case Western Masters in Physiology, and Duke Masters in Biomedical Sciences. I'm kind of at a total loss about which school to go to and was wondering if anyone here had anything to say about the programs.

Brown, Georgetown, and BU all follow the M1 curriculum, which is appealing to me, although I'm sure the other programs have great curricula as well. I really liked Brown when I interviewed there, but they are a very new program (only 2 years old) and I'm not sure how well med schools recognize them yet. Obviously, Georgetown is a well-known program but I've heard the average GPA is very low there (below a 3.3) so I'm a little concerned that I won't get great grades and med schools won't look favorably upon this (whereas Brown's average exam score is around an A-/B+).

Thanks in advance for any advice! It is definitely appreciated:)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
which school did you decide to go to? Also in the same position I would like to ask you some questions about the process.