Masters in OT- school choice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KEM1984

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
This is my first time on here, so I hope this works correctly!
I'm currently living in New England and have been accepted to OT Masters programs at Tufts, USC, and Springfield, and am still waiting on NYU. I was hoping for any input from former/current students on any of these schools? I am having a very difficult time making a decision...all have their pros and cons. Just hoping for a little more information and/or personal experiences from others to work with!
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

I also applied and was accepted to NYU and Springfield. I talked a little with the chair of springfield's program and she was very nice and helpful. I think it is a good program, and have known several people that went through it and liked it. As for NYU, I think I emailed once or twice with questions and didn't feel that they were very informative or helpful, but they do have a very highly ranked program. I didn't apply to the others so I can't help ya there!

so far got accepted at NYU, Loma Linda, Dominican, Puget Sound, AT Still U (arizona)....

rejected at Samuel Merrit.

Waiting for USC.

Being that i'm a california native... i'd choose anything within california... saves money and traveling. however, the program is just as important. rank doesn't mean a think unless the curriculum suits what your ventures and interests are, if you can truly afford to live there and tuition, and length of program study.

as of now, my rank of choice is 1. Loma Linda, 2. Puget Sound, 3. NYU.

Once i hear from USC my choice will become more clear.