Massey c/o 2027/2028 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dogtortori

LIU C/O 2028
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I applied to Massey this cycle and haven't seen any forums with other applicants so I thought I would start one!

Members don't see this ad.

Thank you for starting one, I applied for this cycle as well. They have such a neat program!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got a message in my portal that I was accepted!!! This feels unreal. Did anyone else hear back?

Reactions: 1 users
Congratulations!!! :D I just checked my portal and it still says 'being assessed by college', I know it's gonna update either this week or next since decisions are supposed to be released before Christmas. Did you receive an email saying you were accepted as well, or did your portal just automatically update?

Congratulations!!! :D I just checked my portal and it still says 'being assessed by college', I know it's gonna update either this week or next since decisions are supposed to be released before Christmas. Did you receive an email saying you were accepted as well, or did your portal just automatically update?
I got an email that I had a message in my portal!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey! Were you accepted to the pre-vet selection semester or into the following bachelor of vet science?

Hey! Were you accepted to the pre-vet selection semester or into the following bachelor of vet science?
I got into the BVSc program straight away! No preselection semester since I already have my BS and getting my MS in May

I got into the BVSc program straight away! No preselection semester since I already have my BS and getting my MS in May
Oh that’s so cool I didn’t know you could do that! I’ve just finished my undergraduate degree at Sydney Uni. How did you apply to skip the preselection semester?

I just applied on VMCAS and submitted another application through Massey’s website. I applied for a qualification and just followed the steps for applying and skipping the first semester

I just applied on VMCAS and submitted another application through Massey’s website. I applied for a qualification and just followed the steps for applying and skipping the first semester
Hey! Can I ask what your gpa was for you to get accepted? And were you assessed on anything else? I’m going to try apply! But I’m classed as a domestic student as I’m from Australia :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! Can I ask what your gpa was for you to get accepted? And were you assessed on anything else? I’m going to try apply! But I’m classed as a domestic student as I’m from Australia :)
My overall GPA was a 3.52. The Massey prereqs I had a 3.33 and overall science was a 3.43. I don’t know if they looked at my last 45 GPA but it was a 3.75. I had 2 interviews, the first was an MMI (similar to casper imo) in mid October and then my second interview (15 min long, super easy and just simple questions) was with a person over microsoft teams early November. Accepted Dec 13 so I love how quickly they made decisions!

Hello Everyone! I received an offer from Massey, and I am really leaning towards to accepting it. As an international applicant( Im from the US), I would like to know if other International students would like to make a group chat to just talk, ask questions and get to know one another!

Im excited for this new journey!

Who’s all attending the zoom session this upcoming Monday? I will be there :)

I will be declining my offer today, hopefully if you are waitlisted that spot opens up for you!

Hello c/o 2028

I received a rejection yesterday. But was told I was selected into the BVSc pre-selection program for four prerequisites. Does anyone have more info on that? Is it like a traditional Vet Prep progam, if I complete the semester above a certain GPA, would I get an interview invite for the Vet program? TIA

Hello c/o 2028

I received a rejection yesterday. But was told I was selected into the BVSc pre-selection program for four prerequisites. Does anyone have more info on that? Is it like a traditional Vet Prep progam, if I complete the semester above a certain GPA, would I get an interview invite for the Vet program? TIA
I would schedule a meeting with an admissions counselor from massey if you have time for it! I met with someone back this spring via zoom to learn more about this pre-program, and what she said to me was that everyone who applied for the pre-vet program gets in, but if you get through the program they have about a 75% acceptance rate into the actual veterinary school from there. I would definitely speak with someone at the school more about it though, as it is a big jump to make!

excited but so nervous for the interview! how are you guys preparing?