Massachusetts MA MPJE Law Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cen070

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello All,
I'm in the process of preparing for the MPJE in Mass-- I've read through MA CSA, 105 and 247 CMRs and most of the posted policies. I was wondering if anyone could answer the following:
  1. For Schedule CII-CV, is there a limit for when you must do the first fill? (Must first fill within 30 days of issue?)
  2. Two storage schemes are mentioned: CII-CV locked in a cabinet separately, or all dispersed with the CVI's. Some states allow CII's to be locked separately, and CIII-CV to be dispersed with regular drugs (CVI's)-- is this allowed in MA?
  3. With the advent of electronic prescription monitoring programs, does the pharmacist still need to send a copy of CII's to the Dept? or is the PMP simply the method now?
  4. Can you transfer CIII-CV prescription that has NOT had a first-fill? (I see a policy that allows CVI originals not dispensed to be transferred)

If anyone can answer-- would appreciate it greatly!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
1. Just look at when prescriptions expire. It's it's valid for 30 days, it need to be filled within 30 days of the date written for example.
2. Yes, in MA that is allowed.
3. That is what the PMP is for.
4. Not sure. I took the MPJE in the summer and that isn't a scenario that happens so I can't help you with that one.

Hello All,
I'm in the process of preparing for the MPJE in Mass-- I've read through MA CSA, 105 and 247 CMRs and most of the posted policies. I was wondering if anyone could answer the following:
  1. For Schedule CII-CV, is there a limit for when you must do the first fill? (Must first fill within 30 days of issue?)
  2. Two storage schemes are mentioned: CII-CV locked in a cabinet separately, or all dispersed with the CVI's. Some states allow CII's to be locked separately, and CIII-CV to be dispersed with regular drugs (CVI's)-- is this allowed in MA?
  3. With the advent of electronic prescription monitoring programs, does the pharmacist still need to send a copy of CII's to the Dept? or is the PMP simply the method now?
  4. Can you transfer CIII-CV prescription that has NOT had a first-fill? (I see a policy that allows CVI originals not dispensed to be transferred)

If anyone can answer-- would appreciate it greatly!
What can a state board do to you if you don't pay your student loans?

Also if you lose your license to practice in state a and you have a license to practice in states b and c what can states b and c do to you?

Thanks for answers everyone! Does anyone know if MA allows for the sale of Schedule V as OTCs? (Guaifenesin and Codeine/Robitussin AC?)