Program-Specific Info / Q's Mary Baldwin University 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AustinOT

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just curious if anyone had been accepted into this program so far? I'm interviewing soon, and it seems like everyone else has only been waitlisted. I'm curious if they're actually accepting anybody this early or if the best I can hope for is being waitlisted until the official deadline comes around. Any info is appreciated :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Following this! I’m very curious as well! I was waitlisted and they said they could not release any information on that list. But they also said they will be taking people off the waitlist.

Reactions: 1 user
I was just curious if anyone had been accepted into this program so far? I'm interviewing soon, and it seems like everyone else has only been waitlisted. I'm curious if they're actually accepting anybody this early or if the best I can hope for is being waitlisted until the official deadline comes around. Any info is appreciated :)
I saw that someone posted on the DPT forum that they were accepted a week after they interviewed (they interviewed the same day as I did. So at least we know they have accepted some people. And someone that interviewed last week (again DPT ) wrote yesterday that they were accepted as well.
Hopefully we will hear something soon.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have been accepted into this program! I do know many people who interviewed who were put on the waitlist, though.

I have been accepted into this program! I do know many people who interviewed who were put on the waitlist, though.
Congratulations!!! :) I just interviewed there this past Friday. How long after your interview did you hear about your acceptance? Do you think you'll definitely go there or are there other schools you're still considering?

Congratulations!!! :) I just interviewed there this past Friday. How long after your interview did you hear about your acceptance? Do you think you'll definitely go there or are there other schools you're still considering?
Thank you so much! I heard back about 18 days after my interview. People I know in previous years heard back within 2 weeks but mine seemed to take a bit longer. I'm still waiting to hear back from other schools, but I really really loved MD so I think I'll put my deposit down and also just see what happens with the other schools in the meantime! What did you think about the program when you interviewed?!

Thank you so much! I heard back about 18 days after my interview. People I know in previous years heard back within 2 weeks but mine seemed to take a bit longer. I'm still waiting to hear back from other schools, but I really really loved MD so I think I'll put my deposit down and also just see what happens with the other schools in the meantime! What did you think about the program when you interviewed?!

Okay, thanks! They told us 2 weeks is the norm, but it'll probably be longer since Thanksgiving is coming up. I really liked the program! One my interviews felt okay and the other I really enjoyed (with Dr. Burns). I've never been to Virginia before, and I really loved that area. I'm definitely interested, but if I get accepted in Texas I'll probably stay here just because it's simpler.

I also had a complete travel nightmare getting there, so I think that impacted my interview bit haha. I tried to fly into DC, but got rerouted to Philly. I ended up taking an Uber to Staunton and got there about 3 hours before the interview lol, so I definitely wasn't as well-rested or put together as I had hoped for my first grad school interview. But it was definitely an experience haha

Okay, thanks! They told us 2 weeks is the norm, but it'll probably be longer since Thanksgiving is coming up. I really liked the program! One my interviews felt okay and the other I really enjoyed (with Dr. Burns). I've never been to Virginia before, and I really loved that area. I'm definitely interested, but if I get accepted in Texas I'll probably stay here just because it's simpler.

I also had a complete travel nightmare getting there, so I think that impacted my interview bit haha. I tried to fly into DC, but got rerouted to Philly. I ended up taking an Uber to Staunton and got there about 3 hours before the interview lol, so I definitely wasn't as well-rested or put together as I had hoped for my first grad school interview. But it was definitely an experience haha

Omg that does sound like a nightmare; I'm so sorry!! Lol I'm actually from Virginia, and I was amazed how many people were there interviewing from out of a state. It's a newish program and I didn't know that many people knew about it since it's not ranked many places online yet! But yeah, the faculty were all so nice. They made my interview feel so comfortable and I really enjoyed that part of it.

Omg that does sound like a nightmare; I'm so sorry!! Lol I'm actually from Virginia, and I was amazed how many people were there interviewing from out of a state. It's a newish program and I didn't know that many people knew about it since it's not ranked many places online yet! But yeah, the faculty were all so nice. They made my interview feel so comfortable and I really enjoyed that part of it.

I found out about it just by looking through all the OTD programs on AOTA website. It worried me a little that it wasn't ranked but everyone on here seemed to say great things about it, so I decided to give it a try. Congrats again on your acceptance! Do you feel comfortable sharing your stats? I'm just curious how much of a chance I have. If not, that's totally fine! :)

I found out about it just by looking through all the OTD programs on AOTA website. It worried me a little that it wasn't ranked but everyone on here seemed to say great things about it, so I decided to give it a try. Congrats again on your acceptance! Do you feel comfortable sharing your stats? I'm just curious how much of a chance I have. If not, that's totally fine! :)
Sure! My cum GPA is a 3.69 and my prereq GPA is a ~3.7. My GRE score was a 155 Quant and 151 verbal with a 5.0 on the writing section. I have about 500 observation hours in various settings, and volunteer in other settings unrelated to OT. I am working as a care attendant for a child with Autism currently! (I spoke of my various experiences a lot in my interview and I think that's what helped me, because otherwise my stats are pretty average)

Hi everybody!! My interview was on 9/29 and I was informed of my acceptance on 10/6. My sister interviewed for Murphy Deming's DPT program (10/21) and she got news of her acceptance 12 days later. Granted these are two different programs, but it seems like the timeline varies a little. Best of luck to you all!!

Reactions: 2 users
I interviewed this past Friday (11/10) and was informed of my acceptance today (11/15)!

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats!!!! Will you be attending?

I'm not sure yet. I definitely liked the program, but I'm going to wait until I'm done with all my interviews to decide for sure!

Has anyone who was accepted heard back from Mary Baldwin with more information about the program yet?