Program-Specific Info / Q's Mary Baldwin University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mbOT626

Occupational Therapy Student
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I am currently a GA resident, and have landed an interview this upcoming Saturday at Mary Baldwin University for their OTD program. I am excited about this interview while also conflicted about attending the interview as it is a 7.5 hour drive. The program cost is 102k without living expenses. In additon, it is very far from home which I do not particularly favor for. However, I have heard that the facility is very nice, but not much else. Is there anyone that can give some insight into the program/interview process? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! I interviewed in early November. Overall the interview day was very enjoyable. They don’t ask any intimidating questions in the interview process and all the faculty were very nice. Be prepared though because the facility is not surrounded by any type of campus. It’s just the one building - this was something that caught me off guard when I showed up. For the tuition cost, I would have expected there to be a library or gym to be provided to students. The facility itself though is very nice - very high tech. The area is also rural but when I drove up in the fall it was SO beautiful.

The program has an inter professional design so you take several courses with PTs and even PAs. When I was there, the students giving the tour said that basically, in your first year, you are working with everyone so you aren’t really aware of who is a PT/OT.

I hope this helps. I was just trying to recall everything as best I could and hit the highlights of what caught my attention.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi! I interviewed in early November. Overall the interview day was very enjoyable. They don’t ask any intimidating questions in the interview process and all the faculty were very nice. Be prepared though because the facility is not surrounded by any type of campus. It’s just the one building - this was something that caught me off guard when I showed up. For the tuition cost, I would have expected there to be a library or gym to be provided to students. The facility itself though is very nice - very high tech. The area is also rural but when I drove up in the fall it was SO beautiful.

The program has an inter professional design so you take several courses with PTs and even PAs. When I was there, the students giving the tour said that basically, in your first year, you are working with everyone so you aren’t really aware of who is a PT/OT.

I hope this helps. I was just trying to recall everything as best I could and hit the highlights of what caught my attention.
Thank you for the insight! I will be driving up in the snow.. is the area mountainous?

Thank you for the insight! I will be driving up in the snow.. is the area mountainous?

Yes it is mountainous if you take the back roads but not bad if you stick to the highways. I would make sure your GPS keeps you on the interstate and doesn't have you taking any back-roads if it's snowing. Good luck and have a safe trip!