Marian University Master's of Biomedical Science 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureDO123

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I was recently accepted to the master's program and decided to make a thread for fall 2022. If anyone has any more information to provide on the program, that would be great. I saw from the 2018-2019 thread that there were a lot of negative reviews regarding the program. I was hoping to see if anything has improved and what the current students' take on the program is.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi! I was recently accepted to the master's program and decided to make a thread for fall 2022. If anyone has any more information to provide on the program, that would be great. I saw from the 2018-2019 thread that there were a lot of negative reviews regarding the program. I was hoping to see if anything has improved and what the current students' take on the program is.
Hey, congrats on your acceptance! I will be sending in my application by the end of next week. How long was the admissions process for you?

-- and yikes about the 2018 class... I hope those issues have been resolved.

Literally, maybe like 2 weeks if even. They got back to me super fast. But I've actually declined the acceptance. I recently got pulled off the waitlist for the medical school I applied to!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Literally, maybe like 2 weeks if even. They got back to me super fast. But I've actually declined the acceptance. I recently got pulled off the waitlist for the medical school I applied to!
Wow, all the better! Congrats again, future doc!

• Care
Hey, congrats on your acceptance! I will be sending in my application by the end of next week. How long was the admissions process for you?

-- and yikes about the 2018 class... I hope those issues have been resolved.
I also got accepted to this program and I will be attending, just submitted my deposit! Have you heard back?

I also got accepted to this program and I will be attending, just submitted my deposit! Have you heard back?
Congrats!! Did it also take two weeks for you to hear back? Were there other schools you applied to or just Marian? I have not sent in my app yet

Congrats!! Did it also take two weeks for you to hear back? Were there other schools you applied to or just Marian? I have not sent in my app yet
I applied early so it took me about 2 months to hear a response. I was accepted in January. I’ve applied to Touro NV MHS, KCU Biomedical, Drexel’s DPMS. So far I’ve been accepted into every program except Drexel, still waiting a response from them. Drexel is my number one choice

I applied early so it took me about 2 months to hear a response. I was accepted in January. I’ve applied to Touro NV MHS, KCU Biomedical, Drexel’s DPMS. So far I’ve been accepted into every program except Drexel, still waiting a response from them. Drexel is my number one choice
Ah yes, great selection of schools. If you don't mind me asking, why Marian out of the others? Also, did any of them give you a deadline to make a decision? I'm wondering if the master's admissions process is as strict as medical school's in that they only give you 2 weeks to commit.

Ah yes, great selection of schools. If you don't mind me asking, why Marian out of the others? Also, did any of them give you a deadline to make a decision? I'm wondering if the master's admissions process is as strict as medical school's in that they only give you 2 weeks to commit.
All the schools I been accepted have deadlines. All the deadlines have been 30 days after my acceptance. I still need to fly out to Kansas go check out their program. However, marian is my choice right now because when I meet with faculty members they were so nice and I was able to get the impression that they have made changes since those horrifying post made on here a few years ago. I also really enjoyed the city and everyone was so friendly.

All the schools I been accepted have deadlines. All the deadlines have been 30 days after my acceptance. I still need to fly out to Kansas go check out their program. However, marian is my choice right now because when I meet with faculty members they were so nice and I was able to get the impression that they have made changes since those horrifying post made on here a few years ago. I also really enjoyed the city and everyone was so friendly.
Woo, good to know about the changes. I had been very skeptical about that too. You've been a great help here, thanks so much for your input. Hope to hear how it goes with the rest of your applications and what your final decision will be. Best of luck to you!

Hello everyone, I currently accepted my acceptance to Marian University. I was wondering if anyone is also an upcoming student and knows if we have a Facebook group or a GroupMe like other master programs? Thank you!

Definitely has improved since then! All the professors are great and most people do get accepted to the DO program.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Was accepted as well and believe I will end up attending. Anybody else?

Reactions: 2 users
Definitely has improved since then! All the professors are great and most people do get accepted to the DO program.
hey that’s great to hear! Would I be able to ask you how the program was for you and tips would offer to maximize your chances of succeeding?

I applied to have my application transferred from the DO app, and today I found out I was rejected. Wanted to ask if this program is competitive to gain admissions into??

I applied to have my application transferred from the DO app, and today I found out I was rejected. Wanted to ask if this program is competitive to gain admissions into??
The program accepts around 50 people and they receive about 600 apps a year. So yes, it’s competitive.

Hey guys! I was accepted today. I was wondering if any of you got to visit the campus? I am a little hesitant as I am not religious (and I have quite a few tattoos), so I wanted to see what the environment was like?

Hey guys! I was accepted today. I was wondering if any of you got to visit the campus? I am a little hesitant as I am not religious (and I have quite a few tattoos), so I wanted to see what the environment was like?

I was in the BMS program and while it is a catholic school, the only religious aspects (in my experience) were in promoting the 4 Franciscan values. I’m also not religious but I didn’t feel like an outsider or anything. There are students from all sorts of backgrounds. Tattoos are definitely not a problem.

I was in the BMS program and while it is a catholic school, the only religious aspects (in my experience) were in promoting the 4 Franciscan values. I’m also not religious but I didn’t feel like an outsider or anything. There are students from all sorts of backgrounds. Tattoos are definitely not a problem.
Oh phew! I was worried. I went to a religiously affiliated school before and had such a bad experience. Thank you! How did you like BMS. Are you/were you attending MUCOM?

Hey, congrats on your acceptance! You're not alone. I'm also in the same boat (non-affiliated + full sleeve). There's a groupme link in post #20 if you want to chat with some of us attending this fall.
Thanks so much! Marian seems to be open-minded and inclusive from what I've explored so far.

Hows the program going so far for those of you that have been accepted?

Also what gpa's were accepted for BMS? Do we need to submit a MCAT for getting an acceptance to BMS

Do we need to submit an MCAT for admission to the BMS program? Also what is a competitive GPA for this program

Hi guys. I just got accepted into the BMS program after my initial app to the DO program was rejected. I'm in my late 20s these days, and I'm wondering if you think this SMP is worth the risk? How likely is it that you'll move on to a med program after? I just don't want to end up spending yet another year towards another unsuccessful attempt..

Hi guys. I just got accepted into the BMS program after my initial app to the DO program was rejected. I'm in my late 20s these days, and I'm wondering if you think this SMP is worth the risk? How likely is it that you'll move on to a med program after? I just don't want to end up spending yet another year towards another unsuccessful attempt..
Don't do it unless you exhausted other possibilities. They try to send all their rejects into this program as a cash grab

Don't do it unless you exhausted other possibilities. They try to send all their rejects into this program as a cash grab
Yeah thats what I'm skeptical about. For reference - I graduated with my bachelors in bio/pre-med in 2017 with a 3.45 GPA (Not sure what sGPA is at the moment). I started a masters at the same school I did my undergrad, didn't finish my thesis due to COVID, and had a 3.9 GPA prior to ditching the whole thing. I have taken the MCAT three times, all scored below 500. I've been working in the medical field since 2018 (as a scribe, then lead scribe, COVID stuff, and now as a histotechnician). My last attempt at the MCAT was last year, after getting help with a tutor. I still bombed it. I'm not sure where to turn and didn't know if this high risk high reward thing might pay off. Otherwise, I'll just end up going into other lab professions which I'm not as passionate about.

Yeah thats what I'm skeptical about. For reference - I graduated with my bachelors in bio/pre-med in 2017 with a 3.45 GPA (Not sure what sGPA is at the moment). I started a masters at the same school I did my undergrad, didn't finish my thesis due to COVID, and had a 3.9 GPA prior to ditching the whole thing. I have taken the MCAT three times, all scored below 500. I've been working in the medical field since 2018 (as a scribe, then lead scribe, COVID stuff, and now as a histotechnician). My last attempt at the MCAT was last year, after getting help with a tutor. I still bombed it. I'm not sure where to turn and didn't know if this high risk high reward thing might pay off. Otherwise, I'll just end up going into other lab professions which I'm not as passionate about.
I would look into podiatry if I were you unless you can somehow break that 500 score. I don't think an additional masters is going to be your saving grace

Yeah, I was coming to those terms as well. I appreciate it!
Sorry. I just saw your other posts. I see have already applied for a DO cycle.

I did have 2 friends who initially applied and got rejected. They both did SMPs. And they both subsequently were accepted to great schools.

I think it is worth a try. An alternative like mentioned above is Podiatry

Sorry. I just saw your other posts. I see have already applied for a DO cycle.

I did have 2 friends who initially applied and got rejected. They both did SMPs. And they both subsequently were accepted to great schools.

I think it is worth a try. An alternative like mentioned above is Podiatry
I appreciate that!! I just wonder if my 497 would be the determining factor regarding being accepted to the med program. I feel confident I could maintain the GPA requirement (3.5+ for the fall semester) to get an interview, but having the minimum required MCAT score is concerning for me. It feels like certain death.

I appreciate that!! I just wonder if my 497 would be the determining factor regarding being accepted to the med program. I feel confident I could maintain the GPA requirement (3.5+ for the fall semester) to get an interview, but having the minimum required MCAT score is concerning for me. It feels like certain death.
Reaching that MCAT score is definitely doable. I recommend setting aside dedicated time to study for the MCAT. If you are able to set aside 4 months to study, that would be great. Do as much practice questions as you can.

So I got accepted to the program today. I was super excited but then I read really negative reviews about it. So now idk. Amy current BMS students can give any tips about the program?

hey! i sent a request into the groupme, can someone accept so i can join? thank you!