Male Natural Hair

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gowalker

Reaction score
Black male here with fairly long hair. Any recommendations (preferably from those with experience) on how I should style my hair for the interviews? I've read the experiences of female interviewees with natural hair, but I have yet to find any information pertaining to males with long hair. Please help:unsure:.

-Thank you guys in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Black male here with fairly long hair. Any recommendations (preferably from those with experience) on how I should style my hair for the interviews? I've read the experiences of female interviewees with natural hair, but I have yet to find any information pertaining to males with long hair. Please help:unsure:.

-Thank you guys in advance!

I am female, but I saw a couple Black men wearing shorter fros during the interview cycle. I also think someone just had a standard big fro, but I am not sure (memory is hazy). I would say to make sure it is neat and possibly lower in height (not like you have to cut it, but like in a ponytail or neat poof so it does not skew visibility lines behind you as much). Like it does not have to shrink, but maybe keep it from distracting from your professional attire?

As long as you look and act professional and neat I think you will be fine. I would give you similar advice to what I give female applicants, but I hope someone with more male experience chimes in.

Reactions: 1 user
I start dental school this summer and have shoulder length, neat, uniform dreadlocks. Out of the 10 schools i applied to I got 2 acceptances. On some of the interviews I didn't even tie my hair back, but to look the most professional I definitely suggest that you tie it back or do something to show that you specially prepared it.

Reactions: 1 users