Making an offer to hire a Physical Therapist?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doctodd

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been leasing space to a solo physical therapist for about 3 years. She has been doing almost all her own billing and administrative work, using and buying/maintaining her own equipment, and i have taken 10% of anything i do under my contracts. She does a little marketing for me, but she benefits ALOT from the cheap lease i give her and i make less than $1000/month off her......but patients are usually happy so i havent made an issue out of it......for the last 2-3 years......until now. I want to bring it in house and hire her and im pretty sure she wants to be unburdened, and she also wants the insurance/retirement benefits of my umbrella group.

What is a fair offer to her? Should it be salary, or per patient, or a combination? Should i hire a PTA?

Members don't see this ad.

I thought this wasn't allowed any more, to employ your own PT???

Well then all the orthopedic doctors are doing it illegally. I was thinking if it was a percentage of what she bills, or what is standard for the other guys who have physical therapists in their office?

Members don't see this ad :)
should this be in the private forum?

I thought this wasn't allowed any more, to employ your own PT???

Just curious why you cannot hire a PT? Can't you hire anyone you darn well please? If I want a juggler greeting patients on the way in, I'll hire one.

Its posted in private forum