Major(s)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
O

ohopenyoureyes

Just curious but what are your majors if you are pre-optometry or already in optometry school?

Members don't see this ad.

Biomedical Sciences with a minor in chemistry

Languages and International Studies with a minor in Political Science - switched from the original Biology major to show that I was well rounded.

Members don't see this ad :)
BS-Microbiology , MS Molecular Biology (almost) .. I'm applying for 2016 cycle

BS biology - attending opt school this fall

Last edited:
I have a Bachelor's in Journalism and Advertising and have been taking the prereqs since 2013 to begin in 2016

Bachelors in Human Foods, Nutrition and Exercise (virginia tech's pre-med degree)

Mine was in Extension Education, I did my prerequisites in a 5th year (I already had some from being undecided my first 2 years) and I am starting this fall.

BS in Human Nutrition pre-med track at UofHouston, attending UIWRSO this fall. From my personal experience, most schools don't care about your major as long as you complete the pre-reqs. I switch from biology to nutrition to save my overall GPA, nutrition senior research is MUCH easier than bio's at my school

Last edited:
Biochem and Anthro, with a minor in Chem (I only had to take 1 more class on top of Biochem reqs).

Psychology major. It gave me access to a neuropsychology lab and a vision lab to work in, both of which were in the psychology department.

BS Biochemistry and minor in Performing Arts/Music