M.D with a foreign medical degree in the US

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ForeignM.D

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I am a Doctor of Medicine freshly graduated from the Tunis Faculty of medicine after 5 years of studies and 2 years of clinical internship in various departments in the hospitals of Tunis.

I know the path that i am supposed to take in order to obtain a licence to practice medicine in the US; but it is a long road and for personal reasons i am open to persuing a career in the non clinical medical fields or in the paramedical field in the US.

Could anyone help me with ideas for schools or certain programs that suit my situation?? (hopefully in Plattsburgh or the Vermont region).

Any kind of help would so appreciated.
Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

http://fep.fiu.edu

There are programs such as the above that allow you to become a nurse practitioner quickly after being a foreign medical graduate. You could also look into becoming a physician assistant, or (in Vermont, but not New York) an anesthesiologist's assistant.

Members don't see this ad :)
http://fep.fiu.edu

There are programs such as the above that allow you to become a nurse practitioner quickly after being a foreign medical graduate. You could also look into becoming a physician assistant, or (in Vermont, but not New York) an anesthesiologist's assistant.

I couldn't find the anesthesiology assistant program at the Vermont University.
Could you please help me with a link.
Thank you

I couldn't find the anesthesiology assistant program at the Vermont University.
Could you please help me with a link.
Thank you
There isn't one in Vermont, they are merely allowed to practice there. I believe the closest program us Quinnipiac University in CT.

There isn't one in Vermont, they are merely allowed to practice there. I believe the closest program us Quinnipiac University in CT.

So there is no progam that i can benefit of in Vermont or Plattsburgh?

Sorry that i asked again, but i have family there and it would so much easier if I only could find a program that i can enroll in close to them.

So there is no progam that i can benefit of in Vermont or Plattsburgh?

Sorry that i asked again, but i have family there and it would so much easier if I only could find a program that i can enroll in close to them.
Not for anesthesia. There's physician assistant and nurse practitioner programs, but that's it.

I've been all over the Mediterranean, but never Tunis. If you're literate in English, PA school should be a breeze for you.