Lynchburg DPT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dpt216

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I got an email from Lynchburg saying they'd be evaluating my application at an upcoming meeting, and I'm wondering around how long it took for everyone to get a decision back?

Members don't see this ad.

I received that email on October 2nd and still haven't heard back with a decision - hope this helps!

Reactions: 1 user
I received an email from Lynchburg about my application. It stated that they could not come to a final decision yet, and my application would still be considered for acceptance as the application process continues. This sounds like a waitlist email without actually stating I've been waitlisted. Anybody have any experience with this type of response? I'm curious to know if anybody has run into this same issue and what type of time frame it took to receive a final decision since LC operates on rolling admissions

Members don't see this ad :)
I received an email from Lynchburg about my application. It stated that they could not come to a final decision yet, and my application would still be considered for acceptance as the application process continues. This sounds like a waitlist email without actually stating I've been waitlisted. Anybody have any experience with this type of response? I'm curious to know if anybody has run into this same issue and what type of time frame it took to receive a final decision since LC operates on rolling admissions
If you don't mind me asking, how long did it take for you to get that email after you got the initial one saying they would be reviewing your application?

If you don't mind me asking, how long did it take for you to get that email after you got the initial one saying they would be reviewing your application?
Email saying they received application was 10/26. Email saying they couldn't come to a final decision yet was 11/9

Reactions: 1 users
I recei
I received the same email on 9/7 and still haven't heard anything.

I received an initial email from them on 8/8, then I got accepted on 10/2. But I did not put my deposit down during the given period so the offer expired. (I've secured my seat for other school)

I received an initial email from them on 8/8, then I got accepted on 10/2. But I did not put my deposit down during the given period so the offer expired. (I've secured my seat for other school)
Congratulations on your acceptances! :) do you mind sharing your stats??

Congratulations on your acceptances! :) do you mind sharing your stats??

sure
Undergraduate GPA 2.8
Post-bacc GPA 4.0
overall GPA 3.2
prerequisite 4.0
GRE V154 Q163 AW 4.0

~200 hours in inpatient, outpatient, and rehab center
lots of volunteer including missionary trip abroad.
+ ongoing volunteer at non-profit personal care organization.

A clear/unique essay & good recommendations.

I’m also interested in this type of email and what the future entails.

I received that same email on 11/9 and haven’t heard anything else yet. I hope we hear something soon!

Has anyone heard back from Lynchburg yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard back from Lynchburg yet?
I got a call with an acceptance a couple of days ago! they also sent me an email last week saying they will be sending out acceptances later this month because they can't require a deposit before Jan 15

I got a call with an acceptance a couple of days ago! they also sent me an email last week saying they will be sending out acceptances later this month because they can't require a deposit before Jan 15
Congratulations!

Has anyone been moved off the waitlist or heard any other news?
I’ve been accepted, but I will be declining my spot so hopefully that helps someone out!

Anyone heard any news about getting off the waitlist?

I got accepted off the waitlist (since February) today!!!

Last edited:
Congrats! What are your stats?

cGPA: 3.2
Science GPA: 3.4
PostBacc: 3.71
Graduate: 3.88
GRE: 298 total
Non-traditional student (career change)
PT Tech: 155hrs at time of app submission
SNF: 20 hrs
In-patient/acute: 50 hrs
Out-patient sport med: 20hrs
CPR/AED Cert
Extra Curric: Medical Missions Trips, Research, Honor's List, Merit Scholarship, etc.)

Last edited:
I got an email today saying I was near the top of their waitlist. Did anyone else get the same thing? I know the program starts pretty soon, so I don't know if this is a good or bad sign.

H
I got an email today saying I was near the top of their waitlist. Did anyone else get the same thing? I know the program starts pretty soon, so I don't know if this is a good or bad sign.
I have been on Lynchburg's waitlist but have not received any email's. I also emailed Lynchburg about two weeks ago asking if any seats were still available and never received a reply. I am also waitlisted at two other schools, but according to PTCAS Lynchburg starts on 06/06.