LUCOM vs. ICOM urgent

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lock-mart

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I just got two acceptances and I'm trying to decide between the two schools. Here's my current list of pros/cons

Idaho College of Osteopathic Medicine (ICOM)

+Closer to home, family and friends (but not in-state)

+More urban environment. Boise is only 15 minutes away.

+secular school (I'm a bit worried about how everyone talks about LUCOM on the internet, though I have heard that it's overblown.)

Liberty University College of Osteopathic Medicine (LUCOM)

+Cheaper ($49k vs. $60k tuition at ICOM), lower cost of living ($900-1000 for 1 bedroom apartment, vs. $1500)

+FAFSA eligible (ICOM is not yet eligible for it. ICOM will require me to seek out private financing for at least one semester.)

+much more diverse student body

+much more established school (ICOM so far has only graduated 2 classes)

LUCOM seems to be the most financially sensible option, and it's also more ethnically diverse as well. ICOM's match results seem fine from my untrained eye, but it's still a relatively new school. However, I can't discount the fact that I'll be much closer to family at ICOM. I also prefer urban environments, so Boise sounds more exciting to me.

Members don't see this ad.

Hands down LUCOM, more established, cheaper COL, FAFSA eligible, also ICOM is for profit and there have been numerous Reddit post made on the issues surrounding ICOM

Reactions: 1 user
Hands down LUCOM, more established, cheaper COL, FAFSA eligible, also ICOM is for profit and there have been numerous Reddit post made on the issues surrounding ICOM

Which none of those issues turned out to be true

Members don't see this ad :)
Also for a new school, ICOM had one match in Ophthalmology in Sandiego; 100% match rate.
They also had consistent high Complex pass rate unlike liberty.
Also I have read that Liberty is super religious. Only thing they have over ICOM is their federal aid which ICOM should be getting that in few months.

Also for a new school, ICOM had one match in Ophthalmology in Sandiego; 100% match rate.
They also had consistent high Complex pass rate unlike liberty.
Also I have read that Liberty is super religious. Only thing they have over ICOM is their federal aid which ICOM should be getting that in few months.

*Comlex