LSU Shreveport Trauma Months

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wolfman26

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone knew what months LSU Shreveport OMS were on trauma. I would like to do an externship there and if possible would like to be there during a trauma month. if not, no big deal but just let me know. preciate it.

Members don't see this ad.

Do you know about LSU-NO FTW OMFS?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
thanks guys. Would you all say both of these programs would be a good externship experience for a completed D2 student? Or would I be better served to wait and go b/w 3rd and 4th year when i will have more experience? I would like to do an externship this summer and I am trying to find one that not only accepts upcoming D3 students but allows them to do procedures also.. thanks for any help

thanks guys. Would you all say both of these programs would be a good externship experience for a completed D2 student? Or would I be better served to wait and go b/w 3rd and 4th year when i will have more experience? I would like to do an externship this summer and I am trying to find one that not only accepts upcoming D3 students but allows them to do procedures also.. thanks for any help

I spent 4 weeks at LSU-NO after my first year :eek: Great place to go IMHO, I recommend it to everyone. You won't get a similar experience anywhere else.

I spent 4 weeks at LSU-NO after my first year :eek: Great place to go IMHO, I recommend it to everyone. You won't get a similar experience anywhere else.

I externed in Shreveport between my DS2 and DS3 years. It was good enough for me to rank it #1 and graduate from there. I also went to LSU-NO for a month. Both are good externships but the scope is much broader in Shreveport.

Nice.. thanks for the info FTW OMFS! I have one more question for you.. when I go to the AAOMS site and pull up LSU-Shreveport to find their externship it takes me to LSU-NO's webpage. Am I missing something here..? I know they're both part of the LSU Health Science Center so do I apply to them as one or do they have separate applications? If so, could you please shed some light on how I go about getting the info for the LSU-Shreveport externship? Thanks and it's nice to hear such good things about both programs!

Nice.. thanks for the info FTW OMFS! I have one more question for you.. when I go to the AAOMS site and pull up LSU-Shreveport to find their externship it takes me to LSU-NO's webpage. Am I missing something here..? I know they're both part of the LSU Health Science Center so do I apply to them as one or do they have separate applications? If so, could you please shed some light on how I go about getting the info for the LSU-Shreveport externship? Thanks and it's nice to hear such good things about both programs!

http://www.oralandmaxillofacial.lsuhscshreveport.edu/index.html

Although the externship link isn't updated. It does have contact info and you should be able to go from there. That's all I could find.

Appreciate it DrDM

For better or worse, you'll be a changed dental student after spending time with LSU OMFS. Those guys are awesome. You'll leave there overwhelmingly excited about residency or you'll be applying for ortho.

ha wow.. I love the bluntness DrDM. After everything I've heard and everyone I have talked to it seems like it should be an awesome summer break! The ortho classes I've had seem to put me to sleep so not sure if that will happen or not but we'll see (the great variety of things I see the OMFS guys doing each day is what draws me to it so hopefully I will be all about it when I leave there). Thanks for all the help and I may hit you up if I have any more questions if I get the externship if you don't mind?