Lowest OAT score and accepted to optometry school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fv0145

Reaction score
What’s the lowest score accepted?

Members don't see this ad.

I think the general lower limit is 300 and average is around 330-340. But, I have read that some people applied with around 280 and got in. Also depends on your other stats of course.

I think the general lower limit is 300 and average is around 330-340. But, I have read that some people applied with around 280 and got in. Also depends on your other stats of course.
Not worried about stats. Wanting to know what the lowest OAT accepted has been

Members don't see this ad :)
I made it into optometry schools and my OAT was a 300. Total science was...280 I believe. I'd have to check again but should be 270 or 280. I think there is someone in the giant list of "class of 2023" thread that had a 280 average but you'd have to look through that. I can also say that my score of 300 was my second time taking the OAT. The first time i got a 270 average and I did not make it into any schools (neither western nor MWU CCO). So I'll say the lowest score I have personally ever heard of that has been accepted would be a 280. Best of luck

Reactions: 1 user
I got accepted to CCO, AZCOPT, and Western with 290 on my OAT. I'm guessing it's my science GPA that saved me (3.5).

I got accepted to Salus, CCO, and MCPHS with 290 on my oat. But my gpa was also fairly well. So i guess with a low oat you need a high gpa or your chances are fairly low.

Their was somebody that got into KYCO with. 250 TS /260AA

Which is not good for the profession

Reactions: 2 users
I made it into optometry schools and my OAT was a 300. Total science was...280 I believe. I'd have to check again but should be 270 or 280. I think there is someone in the giant list of "class of 2023" thread that had a 280 average but you'd have to look through that. I can also say that my score of 300 was my second time taking the OAT. The first time i got a 270 average and I did not make it into any schools (neither western nor MWU CCO). So I'll say the lowest score I have personally ever heard of that has been accepted would be a 280. Best of luck

Hi! Do you mind sharing what your GPA was? My OAT score is on the lower side and my GPA isn't super high either.

Reactions: 1 user
Their was somebody that got into KYCO with. 250 TS /260AA

Which is not good for the profession

Hi do you know if this person was given admission due to other things on their apps? I also have a similar OAT score and yes it’s not good for the profession but I have a whole back ground story which reflects on my scores :/

I got in with a 290 but i had a 3.6 GPA.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

I got into CCO, ICO, and UMSL. OAT was 300 TS, 280 AA and GPA was 3.39. 2 years of experience in the field as a tech/scribe/supervisor

I got into CCO, ICO, and UMSL. OAT was 300 TS, 280 AA and GPA was 3.39. 2 years of experience in the field as a tech/scribe/supervisor
Was this OAT score your first time taking? How many hours of volunteering and shadowing did you have? Please advise.

I got into AZCOPT, PUCO, IUSO, UMSL, and Salus with 320 AA/290 TS (with 280s in both OChem and Physics). My overall gpa was 3.4, and science was around a 3.2