Lowest gpa or Mcat acceptance to podiatry school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kawi609

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm really curious to hear what the lowest gpa or mcat score that has landed an acceptance? not be!ng toxic or anything!

Members don't see this ad.

And here's a newer version. Hot off the press. "Ouch, oooh, hot!" (Working on my acting).

http://www.aacpm.org/wp-content/uploads/2017-2018-CIB_DIGITAL-FINAL.pdf

Just keep in mind that the person getting accepted with a 13 MCAT probably also has a 4.0 GPA or something similar to balance it out. Certainly nobody should walk into this thinking "the lowest MCAT in 2015 was a 13 and the lowest GPA was a 2.3, so I really have a shot with my 15 MCAT and 2.5 GPA". Not gonna happen.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
And here's a newer version. Hot off the press. "Ouch, oooh, hot!" (Working on my acting).

http://www.aacpm.org/wp-content/uploads/2017-2018-CIB_DIGITAL-FINAL.pdf

Just keep in mind that the person getting accepted with a 13 MCAT probably also has a 4.0 GPA or something similar to balance it out. Certainly nobody should walk into this thinking "the lowest MCAT in 2015 was a 13 and the lowest GPA was a 2.3, so I really have a shot with my 15 MCAT and 2.5 GPA". Not gonna happen.

Agreed. I had low 490s on my MCAT and everyone in my interview group had a higher one than me.

Don't put all your stock in the numbers. They're not a great indicator. There's usually a story behind the low ones.
My cumulative GPA was pretty brutal because by my 2nd semester of undergrad, I was fighting an acute flareup of a chronic illness and recovering from major surgery. I took medical leaves of absence on and off for two years, and in the semesters I tried to muscle through in between, I barely scraped by. I took a full year off to get well, and then crushed my last 45 credits. So my cum GPA was something like 2.9, but my last 45 credits were 3.7.
There is a big difference between the 2.9 described above and a student who averaged a 2.9 throughout all four years, with a high of maybe 3.3.

Reactions: 7 users
Don't put all your stock in the numbers. They're not a great indicator. There's usually a story behind the low ones.
My cumulative GPA was pretty brutal because by my 2nd semester of undergrad, I was fighting an acute flareup of a chronic illness and recovering from major surgery. I took medical leaves of absence on and off for two years, and in the semesters I tried to muscle through in between, I barely scraped by. I took a full year off to get well, and then crushed my last 45 credits. So my cum GPA was something like 2.9, but my last 45 credits were 3.7.
There is a big difference between the 2.9 described above and a student who averaged a 2.9 throughout all four years, with a high of maybe 3.3.

no chance for this kind of student?

no chance for this kind of student?
you can definitely get into pod school with a constant 4 years 2.9 and decent MCAT, but staying in pod school will be the hard part. Someone with a constant 2.9 in undergrad appeared to struggle, while pod school the work is much much harder. Anybody can turn their life around though, there's plenty of people who sucked in undergrad and killed it in pod school

Lowest GPA: 2.15

(It's anecdotal evidence so treat it as such)

Previous academic work
I followed your link to see the source and it was me, lol. I didn't say so but that stat would've been from one of the older versions of the Podiatric Medical College Information Book, most likely the version with stats from 2013—which is no longer on the AACPM website. The versions Sweatshirt and I posted above in this thread are based on 2014 and 2015 stats respectively.

Reactions: 1 users
I followed your link to see the source and it was me, lol. I didn't say so but that stat would've been from one of the older versions of the Podiatric Medical College Information Book, most likely the version with stats from 2013—which is no longer on the AACPM website. The versions Sweatshirt and I posted above in this thread are based on 2014 and 2015 stats respectively.

'"Look at me, I am the captain now." - bobtheweazel '

- bobtheweazel

Members don't see this ad :)

That's me. I averaged around a 3.2 GPA when I started my upper division courses in college. Obviously not my freshman and sophomore courses though. So they won't take in someone who averaged a ~3.0?

That's me. I averaged around a 3.2 GPA when I started my upper division courses in college. Obviously not my freshman and sophomore courses though. So they won't take in someone who averaged a ~3.0?
Some schools definitely will as long as they don't bomb the mcat.

Or they got a 530 on the MCAT

from the stats he posted, the lower the GPA, the lower the MCAT. And absolute respect for the brave souls with below 2.0 GPAs that still applied for med school!

I'm really curious to hear what the lowest gpa or mcat score that has landed an acceptance? not be!ng toxic or anything![/
I'm really curious to hear what the lowest gpa or mcat score that has landed an acceptance? not be!ng toxic or anything!
I

I got in with a undergrad GPA of 3.7, grad school GPA of 3.9 and MCAT score of 487. Don't lose hope if your MCAT isn't top notch

Well that's because your GPAs were probably highest out of anyone!! ^^^^

Looking at the stats, my friend got worried because he thought DMU's average was 491 (that's what's on their site) and the catalogue states 497. Do you guys think his GPA of 3.5-3.6 and MCAT of 487 would possibly be able to get him in?
Sure. Give it a shot. You don't know until you apply. You could have your bud call the school and ask. Let us know how it goes.

Reactions: 1 user
Looking at the stats, my friend got worried because he thought DMU's average was 491 (that's what's on their site) and the catalogue states 497. Do you guys think his GPA of 3.5-3.6 and MCAT of 487 would possibly be able to get him in?
I doubt any of the schools average is 491. Thats pretty low. Thats probably a cut off. 498 sounds a lot more likely

My stats are the exact same too. I am scheduled to take MCATs in a month and I am freaking out. The exam gets the best of me!