Low Reading Comp Score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dazedconfuseddre

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
DAT Scores:
Bio-20
Gen Chem-25
Ochem-22
Reading-16
QR-20
TS-22
AA-21

Science GPA: 3.97
Overall: 3.99

Wondering how much my low reading comp score will affect my chances and if a retake is required?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
DAT Scores:
Bio-20
Gen Chem-25
Ochem-22
Reading-16
QR-20
TS-22
AA-21

Wondering how much my low reading comp score will affect my chances and if a retake is required?
Congratulations on your high GPA and great scores, of course with the exception of the low reading, by any chance is English a 2nd language? If so schools do take that into consideration. I have worked with students who have gotten at 16 in reading and been accepted into dental school. I would make sure to have a good response if you are asked on an interview why you reading score was a 16.

If you have a certain school in mind I would definitely check out their stats for acceptance.

Wishing you the best..

Nancy, co/owner, Destroyers

DAT Scores:
Bio-20
Gen Chem-25
Ochem-22
Reading-16
QR-20
TS-22
AA-21

I don't think it should affect your chances. some schools put emphasis on the reading score because theres a lot of material to read in dental school but it shouldn't make or break you with a 16.

Reactions: 1 user