Took my DAT this morning! Need advice on low subsection score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

littlebird313

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!! I took the DAT this morning. I was pretty happy with my score, but I was seeing the average TS of some schools and now I am a little worried- especially for my low general chemistry score!! My scores are

PAT: 22
QR: 20
RC: 26
Biology: 21
General chemistry: 17
Organic chemistry: 19
Total science: 19
AA: 21

I really don't want to retake, but I will if I have to. I ran out of time on the science section, so I had to rush through organic chemistry and general chemistry. The computers at my testing center were seriously SO SLOW!!! I literally wasted so much time by just clicking through questions... Anyways, what do you guys think of my scores? My cGPA is around a 3.8 and I believe my sGPA is around 3.6 or 3.7.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi!! I took the DAT this morning. I was pretty happy with my score, but I was seeing the average TS of some schools and now I am a little worried- especially for my low general chemistry score!! My scores are

PAT: 22
QR: 20
RC: 26
Biology: 21
General chemistry: 17
Organic chemistry: 19
Total science: 19
AA: 21

I really don't want to retake, but I will if I have to. I ran out of time on the science section, so I had to rush through organic chemistry and general chemistry. The computers at my testing center were seriously SO SLOW!!! I literally wasted so much time by just clicking through questions... Anyways, what do you guys think of my scores? My cGPA is around a 3.8 and I believe my sGPA is around 3.6 or 3.7.
Did you report the computer situation to the test proctors at the testing center? If this cliche caused you to score low the ADA might consider a retest with proper documentation.

Nancy, co/owner, Destroyers

I think you’re fine. I got into 2 dental schools. My science scores:
Bio-20
Org chem-20
Gen chem-15

Reactions: 1 user
I think you’re fine. I got into 2 dental schools. My science scores:
Bio-20
Org chem-20
Gen chem-20

Another dental school said I can join their next class if i do their master’s program because I’m a non-traditional student, and they want to see if I can maintain biomedical sciences.