Low pcat of 56 high gpa of 3.7

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Do i have a chance

• Yes

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters

Pharmsophiat

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had 35 in biological
67 in chemistry
96 in quantitative
11 in critical reading
Composite of 56.
Gpa of 3.7 i havent take any organic chemistry, anatomy and physiology, microbiology, biochemistry, cell biology and biology and physics class. Will be considered for admission or will i be called for interview

Members don't see this ad.

You might want to check the PCAT requirements for your schools. A couple of mine have both composite and subject minimums, like 25 composite, 60 for chem, and 25 for the remaining subjects.

One thing I'm somewhat confused about is why you would take the PCAT even though you haven't taken a majority of the prerequisites required by most schools.

If you take these classes, you might be better prepared for taking the PCAT and ultimately get a better score. Additionally, a lot of those classes are science-heavy and somewhat difficult, so they may change your GPA.

My recommendation would be to take some more of the prereq classes, do more studying, and take the test again. That way you'all get a better PCAT score and a GPA which will better reflect your competitiveness as an applicant.

You might want to check the PCAT requirements for your schools. A couple of mine have both composite and subject minimums, like 25 composite, 60 for chem, and 25 for the remaining subjects.

One thing I'm somewhat confused about is why you would take the PCAT even though you haven't taken a majority of the prerequisites required by most schools.

If you take these classes, you might be better prepared for taking the PCAT and ultimately get a better score. Additionally, a lot of those classes are science-heavy and somewhat difficult, so they may change your GPA.

My recommendation would be to take some more of the prereq classes, do more studying, and take the test again. That way you'all get a better PCAT score and a GPA which will better reflect your competitiveness as an applicant.
I took it because i have classes to take this semester. I cant take another pcat. It will be on the day if my class. Or lab.and that the application deadline for one of the schools i applied for is december.

You should definitely take it again after you at least have OChem, A&P and Microbiology. Use Dr. Collins to study. Go hard on nothing but practice tests. Then you can double back on things you missed during practice tests and study that. Kaplan biology is good but nothing else from Kaplan is. If you haven't already get work experience too