This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

awwwyssa

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I submitted most of my post-bacc applications and I just got my first rejection letter ... got me thinking I should have addressed my low GPA in my personal statement more. For the CAS system, they calculated my overall GPA to be 3.11 .... I didn't anticipate this, since I went to five different colleges.

A little bit about me:
- upward trend in grades
- clinical research experience
- EMT
- published author in a book
- shadowing hours as an intern

I have a lot of clinical experience down my belt and I was hoping this would outweigh that GPA greatly .... Apparently, some applicants submit low GPA waiver letters to the admission committee. Has anyone done this or heard about it? Trying to weigh my options out right now.

Thank you!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,

I submitted most of my post-bacc applications and I just got my first rejection letter ... got me thinking I should have addressed my low GPA in my personal statement more. For the CAS system, they calculated my overall GPA to be 3.11 .... I didn't anticipate this, since I went to five different colleges.

A little bit about me:
- upward trend in grades
- clinical research experience
- EMT
- published author in a book
- shadowing hours as an intern

I have a lot of clinical experience down my belt and I was hoping this would outweigh that GPA greatly .... Apparently, some applicants submit low GPA waiver letters to the admission committee. Has anyone done this or heard about it? Trying to weigh my options out right now.

Thank you!!
This is an interesting question! I’m in a similar situation myself where a waiver would really benefit me for a semester where I didn’t withdraw properly in time due to a family death. Have you found anything else out about this since you posted?

This is an interesting question! I’m in a similar situation myself where a waiver would really benefit me for a semester where I didn’t withdraw properly in time due to a family death. Have you found anything else out about this since you posted?
Unfortunately, no. I'm contemplating whether or not I want to submit one just in case .... let me know what you end up deciding on!